Singapore Expats Forum

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yosithezet

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby yosithezet » Tue, 26 Jun 2018 8:16 am

When the EP holder is changing jobs, how can any gap in employment by the DP holder be minimized? Can their DP and LOC be submitted at the same time and can they also be done with In-Principle approval such that the old one can be cancelled one day and the new one started the next day?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jun 2018 3:32 pm

Sadly, with regard to the LoC, no. It must be canceled first before you can reapply again. I'm in the process of transferring all my staff from one company to another (shutting the former down) and while I can transfer all my foreign staff by using a COBE application (Change of Business Entity) to transfer all foreigner in one fell swoop (as long as all are going to the same new company), the single LoC worker I have there will have to wing it for the length of time it takes from the date of change to however long it takes to get the new LoC approved which cannot be applied for while the old still exists. Sucks, but there may be a 2 or 3-day lapse. We will probably continue to pay the worker during that period of time anyway, but he'll get a freebie short holiday possibly.

yosithezet

Postby yosithezet » Wed, 27 Jun 2018 1:22 am

2-3 day i guess will be ok. More concerned with 2-3 weeks. Thanks!

MGEORGE

Postby MGEORGE » Mon, 12 Nov 2018 9:54 am

Fair Consideration Framework

Wider scope– The Fair Consideration Framework (i.e. guidelines governing the fair consideration of Singaporeans for all job opportunities) applies to all companies in Singapore. At present, employers with more than 25 employees and jobs which pay a fixed salary of more than SGD 12,000 per month are exempt from the framework. With effect from 1 July 2018, the Fair Consideration Framework will apply to all employers with at least 10 workers and for jobs paying less than SGD 15,000 per month.