Singapore Expats

PR chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
coolgardie

PR chances

Post by coolgardie » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 4:33 pm

Hello everyone, I applied for PR in December 2017 and is still pending. I applied so that I could do NS and stay in Singapore permanently afterwards for university. When I first applied I thought it would be easy decision for them but after so long I am not so sure anymore. I am just wondering what my chances of approval are now.

I'm a 16 yr old Irish Caucasian male, been living in SG since 2002, Irish and Australian parents each with PR for 10+ yrs. Both have good job in insurance and I also have good set of O levels including Chinese.

Thanks!
Last edited by coolgardie on Sat, 27 Oct 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: PR chances

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 5:18 pm

coolgardie wrote:Hello everyone, I applied for PR in December 2017 and is still pending. I applied so that I could do NS and stay in Singapore permanently afterwards for university. When I first applied I thought it would be easy decision for them but after so long I am not so sure anymore. I am just wondering what my chances of approval are now.

I'm a 17 yr old British Caucasian male, been living in SG since 2002, British and Australian parents each with PR for 10+ yrs. Both have good job in insurance and I also have good set of O levels including Chinese.

Thanks!
Did you mention all this in your PR application? I think it is a good idea to provide as much documentation as possible to support your claims of integration with Singapore.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

coolgardie

Post by coolgardie » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 5:44 pm

Did you mention all this in your PR application? I think it is a good idea to provide as much documentation as possible to support your claims of integration with Singapore.

yeah I gave them all my educational certificates but there are things I seriously regret not including like work for the community e.t.c

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 5:50 pm

coolgardie wrote:

yeah I gave them all my educational certificates but there are things I seriously regret not including like work for the community e.t.c
WD40 is asking about your intention to serve NS. Have you given this in writing to them is what he means

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

PR chances

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 5:50 pm

coolgardie wrote:Hello everyone, I applied for PR in December 2017 and is still pending. I applied so that I could do NS and stay in Singapore permanently afterwards for university. When I first applied I thought it would be easy decision for them but after so long I am not so sure anymore. I am just wondering what my chances of approval are now.

I'm a 17 yr old British Caucasian male, been living in SG since 2002, British and Australian parents each with PR for 10+ yrs. Both have good job in insurance and I also have good set of O levels including Chinese.

Thanks!
The more important question is why didn’t your parents include you in their PR applications then?

coolgardie

Post by coolgardie » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 5:53 pm

WD40 is asking about your intention to serve NS. Have you given this in writing to them is what he means
yep. gave them a short cover letter, its a requirement anyway I was just making sure.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Oct 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks!
For the record, are you aware that doing NS is NOT a guarantee of gaining PR? Nor is it a guarantee of gaining Citizenship. Those types of guarantees when out quite a few years ago. After all, this government is famous for leaving itself a side door to gracefully shaft you if they so desire. While they make it an obligation to the NS, they do NOT give you anything in reciprocity. They just allude to it. e.g., You 'can' apply for SG citizenship or PR but it is still based on a basket of points you have to obtain. Yes, as long as you have kept your nose clean and haven't been in trouble with the autiorities, etc. and were a total 8-ball in NS. You have a chance, but they government will no longer commit to any type of guarantee.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers