Singapore Expats

PR Application for Child

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joymosnah

PR Application for Child

Post by joymosnah » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 9:40 am

Dear All,

I need some advise. Im currently applying citizen for both me and my daughter. She is holding visit pass now. In the meantime can i help her to apply PR while waiting for our citizen result?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR Application for Child

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:29 am

joymosnah wrote:Dear All,

I need some advise. Im currently applying citizen for both me and my daughter. She is holding visit pass now. In the meantime can i help her to apply PR while waiting for our citizen result?
You can't do multiple applicantions at the same time.

ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 1:17 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

Hi Singaporeflyer,
Can you please share the source of your above opinion? Is it mentioned in anywhere in ICA website? Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nobody knows about future!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 3:15 pm

ancientmariner wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Hi Singaporeflyer,
Can you please share the source of your above opinion? Is it mentioned in anywhere in ICA website? Cheers!

If you are saying that you will accept only if you see on ICA website, please approach and ask them

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 9:35 pm

They don't understand that practice on the ground and in the trenches doesn't always show up in the written SOP. A very good but not well-known example is in the case of Malaysian Engineering new graduates. I've hired two in the past 3 months on EP (yes Employment Passes) not S passes with basic salaries of only 2.4K/mo. Go and try to find that on the MOM website, for example. But it is fact. (Both of mine were Entomologists). For the record, Singapore Unis do not have a degree course in any of the Unis here in Entomology. These are from the University in Malaysia. Don't be so quick to diss what you yourself don't know and cannot find as a lot of what we know you cannot find in black & white print on a website. We on the other hand have probably close to 200 years of combined knowledge on the ins & outs of The Little Red Dot.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 9:40 pm

I applied for PR for my daughter (sponsored by me) then while that application was ongoing, I applied for citizenship (together as a family). Concurrent applications is possible in this case (PR and citizenship). Both were rejected though.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 9:46 pm

Maybe the inability to follow instructions was the cause for the rejection? :-k :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 9:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Maybe the inability to follow instructions was the cause for the rejection? :-k :???:
I know of another case of concurrent PR/SC application (PR for child, SC for family) where both applications succeeded. So no , I do not believe that it is prohibited to apply concurrently. Take note that this is only possible for children of PRs who are not PRs. I see no path for adults to do this.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:33 pm

According to the OP, they made a PR application for the child after making a family application for the whole family for SC. Therefore unless he's written it wrongly it sounds like the child had two applications, one for SC with the whole family and subsequently one for PR in her own right.

bro75, what you just said is that the child got PR and the rest of the family got SC. So both applications didn't succeed unless the child was left off the SC application. Else how can you say both succeeded?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:41 pm

Both applications succeeded for the child.
Child's PR was approved first, then a few months later, the entire family's SC application was approved.

This is rare and I do not know of any other cases like this.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:43 pm

Fair enough, if there was a timeline between the two.

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 9:15 pm

A related but different question.

A SC + EP couple having DP boys. Can the SC sponsor to apply the DP boys for PR? Will ICA reject the PR application and request the SC to apply SC for boys instead?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 11:37 pm

bcheng74 wrote:A related but different question.

A SC + EP couple having DP boys. Can the SC sponsor to apply the DP boys for PR? Will ICA reject the PR application and request the SC to apply SC for boys instead?

If you look at the eligibility criteria from ica, it seems technically possible for an SC to apply PR for his children. I do not know the answer to your second question.

As a foreigner, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence if you are a/an:
Unmarried child aged below 21 born within the context of a legal marriage to, or have been legally adopted by, a SC or PR

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 2:48 pm

I agree it is technically possible and actually possible as long as the child was born outside of Singapore and did not obtain citizenship by descent/registration. However, the male child will still incur the obligation to do NS. If he doesn't because he gave up his PR, He can forget getting PR in the future, as, while it is technically possible to do this, from anecdotal evidence of a very close nature (my boss of 15 years) who did just that and his now 26-year-old MSc holding son cannot get even an Employment Pass here even though his mother has been a PR here for over 20 years and his father a card-carrying PAP member. Every time we try applying for him, it comes up with rejections and a message saying that you have unresolved issues with the CMBP. (Mindef)