Singapore Expats

PTS Scheme or Spouse Scheme for PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Masshimo

PTS Scheme or Spouse Scheme for PR application

Post by Masshimo » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:44 am

Hi, I am a Malaysian Chinese and Singapore PR for 6 years with annual income of 80k.

My wife is Malaysian Chinese holding EP with annual income of 45k. Working in sg about 1.5 years.

We have been married for 6 months. No kids yet.

As my wife is eligible to apply PR with either PTS scheme or Spouse scheme (me as sponsor), the question is which scheme has the higher chances of success rate?

Any comments and advice is appreciated. Thanks. :)

GSM8
Chatter
Chatter

Re: PTS Scheme or Spouse Scheme for PR application

Post by GSM8 » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 4:40 pm

Family ties scheme. Please search previous posts in the forum. Its been addressed in fair amount of detail.

Masshimo

Post by Masshimo » Sun, 21 Oct 2018 9:50 am

GSM8 wrote:Family ties scheme. Please search previous posts in the forum. Its been addressed in fair amount of detail.

Thanks for the reply!

I try search in the forum but couldn’t get any relevant thread with such topics. Can you advise which Thread addressed such topic? Much appreciated.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 21 Oct 2018 10:03 am

Masshimo wrote:
GSM8 wrote:Family ties scheme. Please search previous posts in the forum. Its been addressed in fair amount of detail.

Thanks for the reply!

I try search in the forum but couldn’t get any relevant thread with such topics. Can you advise which Thread addressed such topic? Much appreciated.
Although you are just married and don't think about such things, but you may also consider consequences in case you have kids and things get difficult between you and your spouse. If she is a PR based on family ties and you get divorced, she may need to leave the country and the kids usually follow their mothers. You are both the preferred race so I think for her both routes to the PR are pretty much doable with the chances not that much different.

Masshimo

Post by Masshimo » Sun, 21 Oct 2018 2:49 pm

x9200 wrote:
Masshimo wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Although you are just married and don't think about such things, but you may also consider consequences in case you have kids and things get difficult between you and your spouse. If she is a PR based on family ties and you get divorced, she may need to leave the country and the kids usually follow their mothers. You are both the preferred race so I think for her both routes to the PR are pretty much doable with the chances not that much different.

Thanks x9200 for the insights and kind advice. Even my wife apply with the PTS schemes, it is required to submit my particulars as well because we are married. That’s why I’m wondering which approach has the higher chances.

Do you have any links for thread that discussing the similar issue as mine? I try to use the search function but couldn’t find any.

Thanks a lot.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 21 Oct 2018 9:12 pm

Masshimo wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Masshimo wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks x9200 for the insights and kind advice. Even my wife apply with the PTS schemes, it is required to submit my particulars as well because we are married. That’s why I’m wondering which approach has the higher chances.

Do you have any links for thread that discussing the similar issue as mine? I try to use the search function but couldn’t find any.

Thanks a lot.
Through spouse scheme has higher chances if they are married for atleast 2 years or have a kid.

GSM8
Chatter
Chatter

Post by GSM8 » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 1:23 pm

Masshimo wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

I found a few relevant threads with the search string: "PR application" "PTS" "Family Ties"

Masshimo

Post by Masshimo » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 8:34 pm

GSM8 wrote:
Masshimo wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

I found a few relevant threads with the search string: "PR application" "PTS" "Family Ties"
Thanks! I found it with your suggestion!