Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
swipeup

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by swipeup » Fri, 12 Oct 2018 11:14 am

ceeeeeejay wrote:Hi people,

can i check with you guys, will SIA not send out rejection letter? like will they not even tell you that you're rejected? and also,
What's the longest wait possible? Im Singaporean, I put my notice period at one month.
I did the interview on the 8th Sept, 10th Sept medical.
The people I went medical with got a date to sign the contract already. But I still got no news, no replies. Even after sending an email to them last week, inquiring about the status.
can anyone advise on this :/
Hang in there! It's still a good sign when you have yet to receive any rejection. :) they are probably are very occupied with following up with tons of approved applicants to fit the next course openings.

izakaya.benten

Post by izakaya.benten » Fri, 12 Oct 2018 2:42 pm

Omg1998 wrote:
izakaya.benten wrote:Hi, i also went for the interview on 29th sept and medical checkup on the 3rd. Totally regretting that i stated my availability was to be notified 1 week in advance, should have said immediate! Filled with dread whenever i check my letterbox, i heard that if they reject you, the letter will be received within 2 weeks. I have no idea how long the wait is before they call you/email you. I am Singaporean and did not declare anything for medical, the doctor at the clinic said nothing seems wrong with my abdomen, spine, chest, breasts, eyesight nor colour vision. I asked the clinic nurse, and she said those people with scoliosis will be asked to go for 2nd x ray on the same day as the medical checkup, and if the clinic requires you to come back for further testing, they will call us. Keeping my fingers crossed, super anxious! I want to leave my job asap hahah.
Same here. Let’s keep each other posted on this forum:)
Fingers crossed for the both of us! Hope we get our calls, and we might end up in the same training batch =)

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Fri, 12 Oct 2018 3:30 pm

izakaya.benten wrote:
Omg1998 wrote:
izakaya.benten wrote:Hi, i also went for the interview on 29th sept and medical checkup on the 3rd. Totally regretting that i stated my availability was to be notified 1 week in advance, should have said immediate! Filled with dread whenever i check my letterbox, i heard that if they reject you, the letter will be received within 2 weeks. I have no idea how long the wait is before they call you/email you. I am Singaporean and did not declare anything for medical, the doctor at the clinic said nothing seems wrong with my abdomen, spine, chest, breasts, eyesight nor colour vision. I asked the clinic nurse, and she said those people with scoliosis will be asked to go for 2nd x ray on the same day as the medical checkup, and if the clinic requires you to come back for further testing, they will call us. Keeping my fingers crossed, super anxious! I want to leave my job asap hahah.
Fingers crossed for the both of us! Hope we get our calls, and we might end up in the same training batch =)
are u singaporean?

Omg1998

Post by Omg1998 » Fri, 12 Oct 2018 3:31 pm

chillnutz wrote:
izakaya.benten wrote:
Omg1998 wrote:
are u singaporean?
Yes singaporean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Fri, 12 Oct 2018 4:21 pm

as i know singaporean should get processed faster than other nationality so just keep calm and wait haha

i12fly

Post by i12fly » Fri, 12 Oct 2018 7:29 pm

Omg1998 wrote:
i12fly wrote:
Poiuy wrote:Hi hi! Did anyone went for the SQ interview of late?
I went for the recent one on the 29th Sep, Medical was on 2 Oct. So I guess now it's the waiting game! :shock:

Same here!!! Are u singaporean? And is ur availability immediate?
Yes I’m singaporean with immediate availability haha, another week of waiting~

izakaya.benten

Post by izakaya.benten » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 4:39 am

Hi guys, i got the sms from SIA earlier this afternoon (friday) at 4.44pm asking me to call Ms Mary before 5pm. She told me that i cleared my medical and that they will send me an email within 2 weeks, regarding having to go down to sign the contract and bond. My training date is on 12th november. I'm singaporean and indicated 1 week of notice. It was a super long journey from when i started to go to the interviews!

Timeline:
14th July- 1st time ever at interview, kicked out after 1st round without any mercy
28th July- 2nd time at interview, made it to kebaya round, put on KIV, felt like dying
11th August -Went for review, met an interviewer even stricter than prev, put on KIV again.
29th Sept - Final review, acne medication + slapped concealer all over myself, finally passed!!
3rd Oct- Medical Checkup- exposed myself to radiation, peed in a cup and gave blood donation lol
12th Oct- SMS from SIA to call Mary, training date on 12th November.

Now to slog through 1 more month at my workplace before i can happily resign!

swipeup

Post by swipeup » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 9:51 am

izakaya.benten wrote:Hi guys, i got the sms from SIA earlier this afternoon (friday) at 4.44pm asking me to call Ms Mary before 5pm. She told me that i cleared my medical and that they will send me an email within 2 weeks, regarding having to go down to sign the contract and bond. My training date is on 12th november. I'm singaporean and indicated 1 week of notice. It was a super long journey from when i started to go to the interviews!

Timeline:
14th July- 1st time ever at interview, kicked out after 1st round without any mercy
28th July- 2nd time at interview, made it to kebaya round, put on KIV, felt like dying
11th August -Went for review, met an interviewer even stricter than prev, put on KIV again.
29th Sept - Final review, acne medication + slapped concealer all over myself, finally passed!!
3rd Oct- Medical Checkup- exposed myself to radiation, peed in a cup and gave blood donation lol

Congrats!

i12fly

Post by i12fly » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 9:52 am

swipeup wrote:
izakaya.benten wrote:Hi guys, i got the sms from SIA earlier this afternoon (friday) at 4.44pm asking me to call Ms Mary before 5pm. She told me that i cleared my medical and that they will send me an email within 2 weeks, regarding having to go down to sign the contract and bond. My training date is on 12th november. I'm singaporean and indicated 1 week of notice. It was a super long journey from when i started to go to the interviews!

Timeline:

Congrats!
Congratulations! Maybe we’ll be the same batch! I went on 29th interview and 2nd Oct medical.

Omg1998

Post by Omg1998 » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 10:25 am

Timeline:

Congrats!!!!!

Omg1998

Post by Omg1998 » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 10:26 am

i12fly wrote:
swipeup wrote:

Timeline:

Congrats!
Congratulations! Maybe we’ll be the same batch! I went on 29th interview and 2nd Oct medical.

You got the text too? :)

weixian0705
Regular
Regular

Post by weixian0705 » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 11:23 am

Timeline:

Congrats! So happy for you!
I am a Malaysian btw, it is a long wait for me too.

Mountaindewdrop

Post by Mountaindewdrop » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 1:09 pm

weixian0705 wrote:
Mingmingy wrote:
weixian0705 wrote:
Omg, since June @@ did u check ur application status via the MOM website? When's ur avaibility?
Sorry! Since Aug** my availability immediate btw i checked the MoM wedsite required FIN and i dun have it
Oic, I also submitted in August. And they also x submit my documents for Application of Work pass yet. Pm me ur phone number, let's keep each other posted via WhatsApp.
I’ve just submitted my documents a week ago. Wondering how long this process will take and how to find out if they’ve applied for my work pass as well. Let’s keep each other posted :)

izakaya.benten

Post by izakaya.benten » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 2:14 pm

Omg1998 wrote:
i12fly wrote:
swipeup wrote:
Congrats!

You got the text too? :)

Yup! When is your training date?

izakaya.benten

Post by izakaya.benten » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 2:15 pm

i12fly wrote:
swipeup wrote:

Timeline:

Congrats!
I hope so too! =)