Singapore Expats

Rom with Malaysia boyf

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Karentay

Rom with Malaysia boyf

Post by Karentay » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 10:02 am

Hi, I'm seeking advice on rom with my Malaysian boyfriend currently holding wp in Singapore. Understand that getting married in Singapore required permission from mom and the risk is for him to be ban from work in Singapore. We did not want to take the risk. If we will to rom in Malaysia, will it be recognize? And currently I'm pregnant. The original plans was to just register myself under single mum and to include his name in the birth certificate. However his mum insisted us to go for rom. But we didn't want to change our plans. So if we will to rom in Malaysia, will sg side recognize? Please help

SaraAbdul

Re: Rom with Malaysia boyf

Post by SaraAbdul » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 2:39 pm

Karentay wrote:Hi, I'm seeking advice on rom with my Malaysian boyfriend currently holding wp in Singapore. Understand that getting married in Singapore required permission from mom and the risk is for him to be ban from work in Singapore. We did not want to take the risk. If we will to rom in Malaysia, will it be recognize? And currently I'm pregnant. The original plans was to just register myself under single mum and to include his name in the birth certificate. However his mum insisted us to go for rom. But we didn't want to change our plans. So if we will to rom in Malaysia, will sg side recognize? Please help
My advise is to get permission from MOM with your current status. Not worth the risk having him banned from working here.