Young Person looking for short term work

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
akeith1

Young Person looking for short term work

Post by akeith1 » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 4:40 pm

Hi

I'm moving out to Singapore in November on a Work Holiday Pass which allows 6 months of work without needing visa sponsorship.

I'm looking for work in any field that is happy to employ for only 6 months.

I have 3 years experience in B2B and B2C sales, which are extremely transferrable skills. I'm also fluent in French and have a good level of Spanish.

Ideally the work I find would be good enough that at the end of the 6 months they would sponsor me full time!

Looking for any tips/recommendations/suggestions!

Thanks
Alicia

MariaGiovanni

Re: Young Person looking for short term work

Post by MariaGiovanni » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 9:52 am

Hi,

Not sure if I can help but if you're interested try to look around linkedin? Depending on your skill level you can try poking around job search websites but I think that it would indeed be difficult to find a local company that would sponsor a foreigner unless you're in the business of translation (?) -- this is my assumption.

Local companies have a quota in terms of number of foreigners that they can hire per x number of locals if I'm not wrong.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Re: Young Person looking for short term work

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 1:18 pm

The only quotas are for S Pass and Work Permits. There is no quota on Employment Passes, but the criteria is much more stringent.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!