Singapore Expats

New to Singapore: Neighborhood Recommendations

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
tck921

New to Singapore: Neighborhood Recommendations

Post by tck921 » Sat, 11 Aug 2018 8:08 am

Hello all,
Just moved to Singapore with my wife and two-year-old son.

Wanted to get some input on the neighborhood options. We are considering places near the Dakota MRT, Katong and Tiong Bahru. So far we've seen some good options near the Dakota MRT (e.g. Waterbank at the Dakota)

Some relevant info on us that might be helpful:

-Personal info: Married American couple w/ two year old son. We came from Washington DC and are used to an urban lifestyle.
-Lifestyle: Want an active lifestyle (e.g. proximity to parks/sports facilities) and would like an apartment that is walking distance to some shops and food options
-Ideal neighborhood: We do not want to live in hyper-busy place. Do not want to live in the hustle of the CBD.
-Ideal apartment size: 3 Bedroom w/ helper room
-Budget: $4K-$6K/ month
-Transport/commute: Want walking distance to metro or main bus line to CBD (max 30 minute commute time). My wife and I work in Suntec City and Raffles Place. We will not have a car.
-School: Son will be going to pre-school/day-care

Would love any and all input! Thank you.

Search By

MariaGiovanni

Re: New to Singapore: Neighborhood Recommendations

Post by MariaGiovanni » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 10:15 am

I just replied to a thread "Looking for an amazing condo; what’s your favourite?" perhaps you might want to check it out.

Personally unsure of 4 br prices! I recommended habourfront, but dempsey seems to be popular among other expats, and katong/east coast!