Singapore Expats

Do your own pet relocation from US

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
eduardomi

Post by eduardomi » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:40 pm

Wow guys... I cannot express how helpful this site is (and its members) for all of us.

Thanks road.not.taken, this actually cleared most of my doubts! I could not get through the phone with AVA so I emailed them, I am now waiting for their response.

I think our best option (and easier and least expensive) is to fly him as excess baggage like you said. I will make some calls to airlines but I believe Singapore Airlines nor Cathay fly animals...KLM has a good reputation for good animal handling but its true it will for sure have a layover in Europe (longer travel time for my buddy).

I really hope AVA will answer all my questions in time as I am thinking about flying my wife in about a month... hopefully they have quarantine spaces available.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my message, seriously thanks! I will return the favor as soon as I see the chance.

Cheers!

E.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Sat, 01 May 2010 6:13 am

Capex101

Post by Capex101 » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 5:39 pm

SQ does accept animals - and they have the most direct flights - but they only accept them through an animal transport company. In other words, you can't simply take them on as excess baggage. It may be possible to use a professional transporter and arrange for the animal to be on the same flight but it will cost you. It's been nearly two years since I brought over 5 cats and 2 dogs - and at the time NW had the best option. However, I just paid a transporter and they did a fantastic job.

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. I used it a long time ago - and it helped me. For anyone just starting the process - relax - it is a lot easier than you first think.

djfiii

Post by djfiii » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 3:08 am

Has anyone transported an english bulldog (or other breed specifically listed on Singapore Air's website as not accepted for travel)? The flat face breeds have trouble in heat, so I imagine that's why you see bulldogs, pugs, mastiff, etc on that list. We were planning to use a pet relocation service, and I assume they have arrangements to move those types of breeds, but was curious to know if anyone had personal experience with it.

Capex101

Post by Capex101 » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 2:17 pm

Check the Singapore AVA website - some breeds are not allowed - period. Has nothing to do with the heat.

See below - but this may not be up to date. CHECK!

As of August 1991, certain breeds of dogs (Category A animals) are not permitted entry into Singapore. These breeds are:-

Pit Bull - including the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Bulldog;
Akita;
Neapolitan Mastiff;
Tosa;
any crosses of any of Pit Bull, Akita, Neapolitan Mastiff or Tosa

A separate group - Category B dogs - must be leashed and muzzled at all times when in public. Category B animals are:

Bull Mastiff;
Bull Terrier;
Doberman Pinscher;
German Shepherd or related Shepherd Dog breeds;
Rottweiler;
Perro de Presa Canario.

fatuitas

Relocating, cat importation for cat who has vaccine reaction

Post by fatuitas » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:40 am

Does anyone have experience importing a cat from N.America with a cat that had an allergic reaction to it's first rabies vaccine? I don't want him to have another rabies shot on arrival to the quarantine station (standard procedure) as his next shot might be lethal (according to our home vet). I think some extra titering (blood sampling) could be persuasive, but does anyone have any tips on who I woud appeal this regulation to? All other aspects of the importation requirements would be met (microchipping, etc.)

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Relocating, cat importation for cat who has vaccine reac

Post by poodlek » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:20 am

fatuitas wrote:Does anyone have experience importing a cat from N.America with a cat that had an allergic reaction to it's first rabies vaccine? I don't want him to have another rabies shot on arrival to the quarantine station (standard procedure) as his next shot might be lethal (according to our home vet). I think some extra titering (blood sampling) could be persuasive, but does anyone have any tips on who I woud appeal this regulation to? All other aspects of the importation requirements would be met (microchipping, etc.)
See my reply in the other thread.

Capex101

Sending pets Singapore to the US

Post by Capex101 » Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:57 am

Just a note for info, when we came over two years ago we brought 5 cats and two dogs - we used a US based service - and that all went fine. Going home, we sent everyone home using The Pet Hotel (KC Tan and Ken). We used them because they were competitive in price - but also they did the inbound service when we came over. All went well again - they did a good job and all the animals are safe and sound back in the US. I am sure most pet relocation services in Singapore are good - but from personal experience these folks did a very good job for me. One final note - the cost to go back was about 30% higher than coming over (less the quarantine cost) so be perpared to pay more (I suppose this is higher airfreight cost).

airvets

Re: Do your own pet relocation from US

Post by airvets » Thu, 27 Sep 2018 7:36 pm

Are you moving to another place and worried about how your pets get there safely? Contact Airvets that provides best pet relocation services and specializes in transporting pets around the world.
<Spam advertising removed>

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Do your own pet relocation from US

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Sep 2018 8:20 pm

airvets wrote:Are you moving to another place and worried about how your pets get there safely? Contact Airvets that provides best pet relocation services and specializes in transporting pets around the world.
Would you trust your beloved pet to an outfit that cannot even follow directions regarding advertising on a forum? I don't know about your all, but I sure as hell wouldn't. Who knows what kind of shortcuts and shoddy service they foist on your beloved pet.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers