Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Nicknack

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by Nicknack » Sun, 23 Sep 2018 4:04 pm

nainaii wrote:Working visas not renewed

I understand that cabin crew from certain countries are unable to have their working visas renewed. No reason was given by the Ministry of Manpower for the refusal to renew existing crew's working visas. I do not know how many of the foreign crew are affected. Some new recruits also had their application of visas rejected. This action by MOM is unprecedented and it has come at a time when the airline is expanding and need more crew.

Source from:
http://www.bohtong.org/2018/09/working- ... d.html?m=1

Any comments on this? :o
Why Malaysian don’t want work for Malaysia Airlines, easier, then no need to worry about permit etc. So I guess it’s for the 1:3 currency conversion. Lol

Quinne

Post by Quinne » Sun, 23 Sep 2018 4:36 pm

Raj89 wrote:
louismin93 wrote:Anyone starting training on Oct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey hey are you starting in OCT? If so when in OCT?

9 oct

Mountaindewdrop

Post by Mountaindewdrop » Sun, 23 Sep 2018 9:08 pm

Quinne wrote:
Raj89 wrote:
louismin93 wrote:Anyone starting training on Oct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey hey are you starting in OCT? If so when in OCT?

9 oct
When did you guys go for your interview?

Quinne

Post by Quinne » Sun, 23 Sep 2018 10:37 pm

Interview 25 Aug
Medical 28 Aug
Call 11 Sep
Singaporean

Raj89

Post by Raj89 » Sun, 23 Sep 2018 11:01 pm

weixian0705 wrote:
Raj89 wrote:
weixian0705 wrote:
Hi Raj, u will start ur training in Oct?
Heyya Weixian,

No I won’t. I’ve not received any email. Work permit application still pending.

What’s the status with you ?
Me too. Still waiting. How many weeks u have been waiting?
Submitted my documents on 11-Jul. Been waiting since then.

How about you ?

weixian0705
Regular
Regular

Post by weixian0705 » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:03 am

Raj89 wrote:
weixian0705 wrote:
Raj89 wrote:
Heyya Weixian,

No I won’t. I’ve not received any email. Work permit application still pending.

What’s the status with you ?

How about you ?
Since 31st of Aug. Why don't u try to email them and require for the progress of work pass?

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:12 am

Nicknack wrote:

I understand that cabin crew from certain countries are unable to have their working visas renewed. No reason was given by the Ministry of Manpower for the refusal to renew existing crew's working visas. I do not know how many of the foreign crew are affected. Some new recruits also had their application of visas rejected. This action by MOM is unprecedented and it has come at a time when the airline is expanding and need more crew.

Source from:

Why Malaysian don’t want work for Malaysia Airlines, easier, then no need to worry about permit etc. So I guess it’s for the 1:3 currency conversion. Lol
Seriously? And so you are suggesting that no singaporeans are working in the middle east airlines also? If yes, why don’t they just work for Singapore Airines, easier? And I expect you to know the difference between SIA and MAS if you are here talking about this, which makes people (not just Malaysians) want to work in SIA.

susuchubby

Post by susuchubby » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 9:23 am

KCWK wrote:
Nicknack wrote:

Source from:

Seriously? And so you are suggesting that no singaporeans are working in the middle east airlines also? If yes, why don’t they just work for Singapore Airines, easier? And I expect you to know the difference between SIA and MAS if you are here talking about this, which makes people (not just Malaysians) want to work in SIA.
there are too many Malaysian working in SIA, too competitive for Singaporean and of course they will feel abit unfair for the continuous hiring open to foreigner
MAS is not expanding and of course not to denied about the 1:3 currency, but same goes to other foreigner, not only Malaysian kay
I think not to worry too much about the working visa, as long as you have proper document and qualification
Cheerssss everyone

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 9:43 am

susuchubby wrote:
KCWK wrote:
Nicknack wrote:
there are too many Malaysian working in SIA, too competitive for Singaporean and of course they will feel abit unfair for the continuous hiring open to foreigner
MAS is not expanding and of course not to denied about the 1:3 currency, but same goes to other foreigner, not only Malaysian kay
I think not to worry too much about the working visa, as long as you have proper document and qualification
Cheerssss everyone
You’re the besttttttt :D

Raj89

Post by Raj89 » Tue, 25 Sep 2018 5:18 pm

weixian0705 wrote:
Raj89 wrote:
weixian0705 wrote:

How about you ?
Since 31st of Aug. Why don't u try to email them and require for the progress of work pass?
I think I will wait till end of this month before emailing them.

swipeup

Post by swipeup » Tue, 25 Sep 2018 6:51 pm

It seems to me that SIA relinquished the education requirement for this weekend's interview.

It now says "Fluent in English with good communication skills".

All the best to those who are planning to attend on the 29th and have fun at the interview!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Sep 2018 8:39 am

Well, that just eliminated 90% of the local applicants, didn't it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

xnihilox

Post by xnihilox » Wed, 26 Sep 2018 6:26 pm

Hey everyone!

Is anyone here already began training in SG or is coming soon for training in SG and looking for accomodation in Singapore?

Me and another air stewardess is looking a roommate (to share master bedroom) and a housemate (have own room) to rent a condominium with us. It is a private condomimium, amazing amenities and facilities. In Changi, extremely convenient to training at STC and also to report for duty at Changi Airport.

If anyone here is interested or know someone who might be interested, please send me a message!

Thank you! :)

weixian0705
Regular
Regular

Post by weixian0705 » Sat, 29 Sep 2018 1:05 am

Hi, my avaibility is in beginning of November. Have been waiting for MOM singapore approval of work pass for 1 month. Just wanna ask normally SIA will contact us according to our avaibility month? Or they will tell us the training date even before the avaibility month once the work pass is approved?

Nicknack

Post by Nicknack » Sat, 29 Sep 2018 5:04 pm

Anyone starting training end oct? Looking for batch mates.