Singapore Expats

Downgrade of Work Pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
mania

Downgrade of Work Pass

Post by mania » Fri, 14 Sep 2018 6:35 pm

Hi, i just want to seek an advise. I am currently holder of S-Pass working permit right now. There is this new company that is keen on hiring me. The salary that they are offering me is the same as what i am receiving right now which is totally fine with me. But apparently, the assesment of s pass application requires higher salary in which the employer cannot afford (as what he is insisting). What they are proposing me is to aggree in work permit pass that they will apply in which i doubt if it will be approved. Somehow, the job scope will be heavier than what i am doing right now.

I have the following questions/advise

1. Should i consider these? What are the cons that i will be facing if i aggree to downgrade my pass from Spass to work permit
2. Is there any chance that this will be approved by MOM knowing that the job scope will hold a bit higher title and work load

The reason i wanted to pursue this job is i am under agency and want a direct employment and land in my preferred job industry.

Thank you in advance

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Downgrade of Work Pass

Post by bgd » Thu, 20 Sep 2018 9:13 am

Have a look at the link below, it will give you an idea of the differences and your eligibility.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits