Singapore Expats

Owner not renewing lease

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
AndreiDG

Owner not renewing lease

Post by AndreiDG » Thu, 13 Sep 2018 7:11 pm

Hi everyone! I need some advice.I’m renting a room. I signed a contract agreement to rent a room in an apartment for 12 months. So my contract ended on April 2018. I didn’t sign a new one. The apartment contract is until October 2018.but Last month my landlord told me that the agent is not renewing the least anymore because the owner want their house back so i have to be out of the house by end of October. But i don’t want to wait until The end of the month to move out.i told the landlord that i’m moving out by September 30. And he told me that if leave before that date i still need to pay one month rent.
My question is am i breaching any contract?
Do i really need to pay another month even i’m moving out early?
Thanks everyone in advance!

Search By

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Owner not renewing lease

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:29 pm

AndreiDG wrote:Hi everyone! I need some advice.I’m renting a room. I signed a contract agreement to rent a room in an apartment for 12 months. So my contract ended on April 2018. I didn’t sign a new one. The apartment contract is until October 2018.but Last month my landlord told me that the agent is not renewing the least anymore because the owner want their house back so i have to be out of the house by end of October. But i don’t want to wait until The end of the month to move out.i told the landlord that i’m moving out by September 30. And he told me that if leave before that date i still need to pay one month rent.
My question is am i breaching any contract?
Do i really need to pay another month even i’m moving out early?
Thanks everyone in advance!
What is your notice period in the agreement?

You are contradicting. In one line you say the contract ended on April 2018 and in the next line you say the contract is till October 2018?