Singapore Expats

No employment after getting approval letter

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
danaima

No employment after getting approval letter

Post by danaima » Sun, 02 Sep 2018 5:11 pm

I have been lurking this forum for some time ever since I applied for citizenship in September 2017, never thought I will finally make a new post myself because I still can't find answers to this ><

Do subsequent appointments to the ICA after receiving the Letter of Approval requires the same documents (employment letter, etc) to prove if I am still working? I received my AIP letter just the other day around 31st august (close to 6 months wait), I am kind of afraid in case I fall out of employment during November (there are rumours about my company not doing so well lately...), so i want to confirm! I asked an acquaintance who got citizenship back before and she just said she 'photocopied all her documents multiple times again and again' without being specific whether employment documents are one of them so I am pretty clueless now ):

tldr I don't want to end up ultimately getting rejected by ICA later after renouncing my malaysian citizenship and become stateless

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: No employment after getting approval letter

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 03 Sep 2018 4:57 pm

danaima wrote:I have been lurking this forum for some time ever since I applied for citizenship in September 2017, never thought I will finally make a new post myself because I still can't find answers to this ><

Do subsequent appointments to the ICA after receiving the Letter of Approval requires the same documents (employment letter, etc) to prove if I am still working? I received my AIP letter just the other day around 31st august (close to 6 months wait), I am kind of afraid in case I fall out of employment during November (there are rumours about my company not doing so well lately...), so i want to confirm! I asked an acquaintance who got citizenship back before and she just said she 'photocopied all her documents multiple times again and again' without being specific whether employment documents are one of them so I am pretty clueless now ):

tldr I don't want to end up ultimately getting rejected by ICA later after renouncing my malaysian citizenship and become stateless
As far as I remember, no employment documents were asked. You will need to take the online quiz and singapore citizenship journey, before getting the final approval letter. What you have received now is just the IPA.

danaima

Re: No employment after getting approval letter

Post by danaima » Sat, 08 Sep 2018 1:56 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
danaima wrote:I have been lurking this forum for some time ever since I applied for citizenship in September 2017, never thought I will finally make a new post myself because I still can't find answers to this ><

As far as I remember, no employment documents were asked. You will need to take the online quiz and singapore citizenship journey, before getting the final approval letter. What you have received now is just the IPA.
ah yes I took the online quiz and left the journey to go! I know I will get the approval letter in a few months from after I completed it so I wanted to make sure!