Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 3:03 pm

plainyjaney wrote:
Catmeat wrote:hi i also just rec'ed email from SIA today. im really happy. i tot i got no hope!!!!! my interview is on 2july in the afternoon. good luckl all!!!
wat time did u rec ur email?

i rec abt 9am+ 28 june. i just opened in the afternoon! im really happy.by the way im a singaporean.

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 3:04 pm

shopaholic wrote:crabmeat congrats!! :)

Mind telling when you sent in your application? I e-mailed them on the 24th - don't really know if they will group my application with the Malaysian recruitment, if yes, then I guess I have to wait until after for news only after 2nd July.. O_o
hey hihi thanks!
im a singaporean. i think i sent out on the 13june. what was a long wait anywyas

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 3:05 pm

shopaholic wrote:crabmeat congrats!! :)

Mind telling when you sent in your application? I e-mailed them on the 24th - don't really know if they will group my application with the Malaysian recruitment, if yes, then I guess I have to wait until after for news only after 2nd July.. O_o
hey hihi thanks!
im a singaporean. i think i sent out on the 13june. what was a long wait anywyas

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 3:10 pm

hey crabmeat -

oh wow u sent yours in on the 13th? That was such a long wait! Hope you didn't lose sleep coz of the dying suspense!

I sent mine in on the 24th, crossing my fingers O_O

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 3:11 pm

the first interview is a group interview were u will be doing a self intro and discussing a topic.. it varies from grp to grp.. so u dont have to really prepare for that..in my case, it was rather impromptu...also i didnt have to wait long for the interview..
if u make it through the first interview, u'll then go for second interview.. this is a one-to-one interview..if u pass this, u'll be asked to go down for the kebaya check and stuff..
the process is quite short..it took me about 1-1.5 hrs for both interviews..

Hope im of some help.. Gd luck gals!![/quote]

Can I know what's the discussion topic about? Any examples?

Rgds

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 4:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi Ex-SGal,
i have a qns but hope i dun sound silly to you..
i understand that SQ hire a mix of good-looking and ave-looking girls but no matter wat are their size or looks, it seems that they must have shapely legs because the uniform will not cover the legs altogether.. So is the bottom half of the body a big issue...? i dun think a SQ ger will look great if she has like.. eg. thick calves...
Thx for all yur advice..!
This is an interesting question :lol:
Well, I dun think the size of the leg is a problem cuz the kebaya will be long enough to cover it.
I think one of the major consideration when it comes to recruiting of cabin crew is their overall presentation. If Sun Yanzi goes for interview, I am sure that she will not make it cuz she is tooooooo skinny.... and gives people an impression that she can handle the tray and trolley.... :P

I hope you get what I'm trying to say here. :roll:

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 4:19 pm

Hopeless wrote:
Ex-SGirl wrote:
galgally wrote: Hi girl, when did u quit e job? Becos i have seen some stewardess that are actually less than 1.57m, u confirm tat they wont accept shorter girls? Becos if this is so, most likely i wont go for e interview as im only 1.57m.. :cry:
Well, they may seems shorter than 1.57m and I can assure you that they are not :wink: otherwise you will have tough time reaching the overhead compartment.... and working around in the galley :idea:
Since you have sent in your application, just wait for their notification. And if you are shortlisted for an interview, go for it girl! The interview sessions is an eye-opening thingy.... it's absolute different from those 9-to-5 job kind of interview... even now, the memory is still in my mind....

Remember, process is more important than the result. Treat the interview as a learning process.... cuz not many people has the chance to go through the process 8)
Hi Ex-SGal,

Do u ever wish that u're still flying? Any regrets abt leaving the company? i know some gals will miss flying after they resigned (due to getting married or being mothers)...miss travelling...
Guess life is such... you will miss the place only after you left the place. I believe this applies to ground job as well.... :)

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 4:39 pm

Hi Ex-SGal,

Wow if i were u, i'd keep thinking back abt those days in SIA.... hehe!

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 4:46 pm

Hopeless wrote:Hi Ex-SGal,

I did think back of my days in SQ but I also miss my working days with my other employers.... on the other hand, if I'm still in SQ, I wouldn't have completed my studies :lol: Batter trade loh...

Fated

Post by Fated » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 4:50 pm

Hi gal,

Been frequent to this forum... however, never post anything but read in slient... Well, I did not receive any invitation too. I sent on 15 Jun. I guess no chance liao. I dun understand how the whole thing work and the criteria HR is looking for.

First time I applied was a year ago. Dint get in second round. was too nervous... after tat tried applied again but was not shortlisted. guess this is my third time of applying but den still not shortlisted. dun know do they keep a record. dun understand y i not shortlisted. sad i wld say but nothing i can do. heard pple keep trying and go for many attempts but i want to give a try again but not given the chance... how sad it is...

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 5:04 pm

Ex-SGirl wrote:

I did think back of my days in SQ but I also miss my working days with my other employers.... on the other hand, if I'm still in SQ, I wouldn't have completed my studies :lol: Batter trade loh...
Other employers? U mean after u left SQ? Btw how long did u stay in SQ before u left? And what field did u further ur studies? :)

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 5:06 pm

Hopeless wrote:
Ex-SGirl wrote:

Other employers? U mean after u left SQ? Btw how long did u stay in SQ before u left? And what field did u further ur studies? :)
Other employers before and after SQ. I just completed my Honour degree in biz admin :lol:

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 5:07 pm

Ex-SGirl wrote:
Hopeless wrote:
Ex-SGirl wrote: I did think back of my days in SQ but I also miss my working days with my other employers.... on the other hand, if I'm still in SQ, I wouldn't have completed my studies :lol: Batter trade loh...
Other employers before and after SQ. I just completed my Honour degree in business admin :lol:
BTW, I'm 27 this year... hahahaha... time to get married and have baby liao :P

Batch 792

Post by Batch 792 » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 5:07 pm

Hi to everyone here..

Just wanna share with all that, SIA is a very good place to earn money & to make a great saving for further studies, buy a car, buy a house, get married, etc..etc... or simply just save and watch your bank account go up tremendously every month!

I am from Batch 792 and my contract is just up... I joined 2 years ago when i was 22, and am coming 25 this year. When I applied I just wanna fulfilled my dream and have a taste of an Air Stewardess life...

Since my family & bf dont encourage it as a long term career...and I share the same opinion, I decided not to continue my career with SIA and had just tendered my resignation last week... now serving my last month in SIA...

It's great to see so many people here having dreams like me 2 years back!!

I have make really great savings these 2 years...almost to $27K...

So i have decided to take a few months break before looking for a ground job....

Just a piece of advice...SIA allow u to make big bucks...but keep in mind that u have to save up beside spending... cos I have friends who fly for 4-5 years and their saving is still 0! When they wanted to stop and feel tired, they cant, because they cant fetch that high pay outside and they have no savings to stop working... so do save up while working for SIA. You wont regret!

For those interested, while flying for SIA the past 2 years... my monthly pay + allowances + IFA + uniform allowances... fetch me from the lowest being $3,200.00 to the highest of $5,800.00.

Go for it girls!

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 5:13 pm

Batch 792 wrote:Hi to everyone here..

Just want to share with all that, SIA is a very good place to earn money & to make a great saving for further studies, buy a car, buy a house, get married, etc..etc... or simply just save and watch your bank account go up tremendously every month!

I am from Batch 792 and my contract is just up... I joined 2 years ago when i was 22, and am coming 25 this year. When I applied I just want to fulfilled my dream and have a taste of an Air Stewardess life...

Since my family & bf dont encourage it as a long term career...and I share the same opinion, I decided not to continue my career with SIA and had just tendered my resignation last week... now serving my last month in SIA...

It's great to see so many people here having dreams like me 2 years back!!

I have make really great savings these 2 years...almost to $27K...

So i have decided to take a few months break before looking for a ground job....

Just a piece of advice...SIA allow u to make big bucks...but keep in mind that u have to save up beside spending... because I have friends who fly for 4-5 years and their saving is still 0! When they wanted to stop and feel tired, they cant, because they cant fetch that high pay outside and they have no savings to stop working... so do save up while working for SIA. You wont regret!

For those interested, while flying for SIA the past 2 years... my monthly pay + allowances + IFA + uniform allowances... fetch me from the lowest being $3,200.00 to the highest of $5,800.00.

Go for it girls!
I was from batch 720....