Singapore Expats

Im PR. Applying LTVP for newborn

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
confusedman

Im PR. Applying LTVP for newborn

Post by confusedman » Thu, 23 Aug 2018 4:16 pm

I read ICA website again and again yet couldn't find the info i need, hopefully someone experienced can help me out.

I'm a Malaysian SPR for over 10 years. Worked in SG over 10 years. Earning above 5k. My wife is JP Spass earning below 5k. We have a newbon baby in July and I have applied both Visa Extension and Long Term Visit Pass for her. Visit Pass extension was successful (i received an email notification) and valid until Oct 2018.

My daughter will be going back to Japan (mother's country) from Mid Sep 2018 to Mid Feb 2019. Main reason being we need our parents' help to take care of the infant during this period.

I have a few enquiry:

1. For Visa Extension, do I have to wait for IPA letter in order to make remaining payment (if any)? Or the email notification about successful status is the final confirmation? Do we need to report to ICA for any submission?

2. For LTVP, what if the application is approved only after she went back to Japan? Would it be possible to complete the formalities only after she comes back to Singapore mid Feb 2019?
I applied for LTVP on 3rd AUG.
- How long would it normally take for me to get IPA letter
- once i received IPA letter, how soon can i schedule for appointment?

3. I've also applied for Citizenship for both myself and daughter. Interviewed on 6th Aug.
- How long would it normally take for the application to get approved
- once i received approval notification, how soon do i need to complete the formalities?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Im PR. Applying LTVP for newborn

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 23 Aug 2018 6:54 pm

confusedman wrote:I read ICA website again and again yet couldn't find the info i need, hopefully someone experienced can help me out.

I'm a Malaysian SPR for over 10 years. Worked in SG over 10 years. Earning above 5k. My wife is JP Spass earning below 5k. We have a newbon baby in July and I have applied both Visa Extension and Long Term Visit Pass for her. Visit Pass extension was successful (i received an email notification) and valid until Oct 2018.

My daughter will be going back to Japan (mother's country) from Mid Sep 2018 to Mid Feb 2019. Main reason being we need our parents' help to take care of the infant during this period.

I have a few enquiry:

1. For Visa Extension, do I have to wait for IPA letter in order to make remaining payment (if any)? Or the email notification about successful status is the final confirmation? Do we need to report to ICA for any submission?

2. For LTVP, what if the application is approved only after she went back to Japan? Would it be possible to complete the formalities only after she comes back to Singapore mid Feb 2019?
I applied for LTVP on 3rd AUG.
- How long would it normally take for me to get IPA letter
- once i received IPA letter, how soon can i schedule for appointment?

3. I've also applied for Citizenship for both myself and daughter. Interviewed on 6th Aug.
- How long would it normally take for the application to get approved
- once i received approval notification, how soon do i need to complete the formalities?
Please read through the forum. It has answers to all the questions that you have asked

freddykeat

Post by freddykeat » Fri, 24 Aug 2018 4:36 pm

Hey confusedman,

First of all, congrats to your newborn. My newborn also in July. I might be able to enlighten you some doubts.

1.) If you applied LTVP, your newborn visa extension will come together with IPA. Since you have put up your application in 3rd Aug and I believe you will receive the IPA within this few day. For your information, our LTVP application on 31st July and I I have received the IPA 20th Aug. So just wait for it...
2.) Once you have received the IPA, you have 2 months to complete your formalities. You can schedule your appointment as soon as you make the payment. In Sept, my wife will bring our newborn back to her country and we have decided to complete the formalities in Oct.
3.) For Citizenship application, just need to have patient, you won't be able to hear from ICA within a couple of months. As result the earliest, you can see some light could be in 2019.

Cheers,

confusedman

Post by confusedman » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 10:10 am

Hi Freddy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It certainly helps!

I just received my IPA via email and i've made the payment of $60. However, earliest appointment is 12th sep but the baby is going back japan on 15th! We could submit the formalities on 12th but i am worry that we could not receive the card before our flight. So i gave ICA a call, officer said she couldn't advise whether i can collect my baby's LTVP card before 15th, she is unsure whether i can collect on behalf of my baby either.

Few days back, i called ICA, another officer told me that i can choose to "walk-in"" to ICA without appointment. show them my flight tickets so they could process the application on the spot.

Any thought here?

1. do you guys think i should only go on 12th because i should be able get the card before 15th?

2. or should i just go to complete the formalities without appointment these few days?

freddykeat

Post by freddykeat » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 7:24 pm

Hey Confusedman,

No worries, the LTVP card will be issued on the same day during the completion of formalities. You don't have to worry about the collection of LTVP card. Just visit on the 12th Sept and everything should be fine.

The process is pretty fast and efficient.

Good luck.

Cheers.