Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Tori

Post by Tori » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:17 pm

Congrats JaS...

Guess some of us still awaiting patiently for the mails.. Hope it gets to us soon... :)
JaS wrote:Gals I Just Got My Email For 1300hours. So Afternoon Not Necessarily For Msian
i'm Local

Guess They Just Started Sending e Aftnoon Batch

Anyonw At This Time want to Meet up?

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:21 pm

galgally wrote:
Ex-SGirl wrote:This tread is getting longer and longer :shock:

I'm pretty shock to see that there are so many aspiring cabin crew in Singapore! :roll:

After reading these 110 pages of postings and replies, as an ex-cabin crew, I would like to highlight:
1) Don't keep asking what's the age limit for the recruitment. So long you are below 30 years old and you are interested in the job, send in your application.
2) Please make sure that you have at least 1.58m. If you have tried other measuring device and it shows 1.57m, dun waste your time applying. As you are required to undergo several measurements of your height before and during interview, as well as during training.
3) If you are not the kind of person who are willing to put on a smiling face and greet people "good morning" "good afternoon" "good evening" then forget about joining. This jobs requires you to smile and greet even to cleaners and maids... remember, even if your maid is on board the aircraft, she is your passenger and you need to make and serve her coffee... even if she puked, you will have to clean up for her.
4) Scars: so long your scars are not obvious nor 'protruding', dun worry about it. Chicken pox mark is not obvious in this case, so, dun worry.
P/S: I have a burnt scar on my leg and I declared. But as the kebaya covers it, they let me pass.
5) If you are not prepare to sleep alone in the hotel room, DO NOT APPLY. If you are scared of ghost (though you may not meet one in your career), DO NOT APPLY.
6) Hotel room: Yes, you will be given a room to yourself when you are overseas. And dun worry about the status of the hotel.... they won't put you in hostel or motel... haha...
7) If you need absolute freedom as in, you can't stand last minute call up for work (eg. you sleep at 11pm and was called up at 2am for 6am flight), then DO NOT APPLY.

Benefits are good in SIA. You are entitled to annual leave, medical and insurance benefits, free travel and discounted travel etc....
Hi girl, when did u quit e job? Becos i have seen some stewardess that are actually less than 1.57m, u confirm tat they wont accept shorter girls? Becos if this is so, most likely i wont go for e interview as im only 1.57m.. :cry:
I resign due to medical reason. I went for the interview in the first place just to accompany my friend, little did would I know that I actually got the job. So, just be yourself and may luck be with u....

g u e s t

Post by g u e s t » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:22 pm

zhuzhu leong wrote:By the way,

to all those who posted their applications on the 17th, i trust that you shouldnt give up hope. tons of those who applied on the same day has yet to receive anything. it meant you are normal. for those who posted on that day, it might mean that you have fallen to the next round due to overwhelming response.

I submitted my application rater late for the april intake, and went in for interview in may where most girls had theirs in april. for the may interview, all the girls i met are those who submitted late as well...

so dont worry too much k? im pretty sure you HAVENT receive.

hey u just went for the may interview and they are inviting you for this round of interview again? thats amazing!
im just curious, did u state down in ur application that u applied in may??
did u get pass any rounds?

sorry for askin so many questions cos i applied in april too but wsnt selected after the final mgt interview ; (
im applying this time again but chances seem v slim

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:22 pm

JaS wrote:Gals I Just Got My Email For 1300hours. So Afternoon Not Necessarily For Msian
i'm Local

Guess They Just Started Sending e Aftnoon Batch

Anyonw At This Time want to Meet up?
U received the email today? In the morning?

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:28 pm

galgally wrote:

I'm pretty shock to see that there are so many aspiring cabin crew in Singapore! :roll:

After reading these 110 pages of postings and replies, as an ex-cabin crew, I would like to highlight:
1) Don't keep asking what's the age limit for the recruitment. So long you are below 30 years old and you are interested in the job, send in your application.
2) Please make sure that you have at least 1.58m. If you have tried other measuring device and it shows 1.57m, dun waste your time applying. As you are required to undergo several measurements of your height before and during interview, as well as during training.
3) If you are not the kind of person who are willing to put on a smiling face and greet people "good morning" "good afternoon" "good evening" then forget about joining. This jobs requires you to smile and greet even to cleaners and maids... remember, even if your maid is on board the aircraft, she is your passenger and you need to make and serve her coffee... even if she puked, you will have to clean up for her.
4) Scars: so long your scars are not obvious nor 'protruding', dun worry about it. Chicken pox mark is not obvious in this case, so, dun worry.
P/S: I have a burnt scar on my leg and I declared. But as the kebaya covers it, they let me pass.
5) If you are not prepare to sleep alone in the hotel room, DO NOT APPLY. If you are scared of ghost (though you may not meet one in your career), DO NOT APPLY.
6) Hotel room: Yes, you will be given a room to yourself when you are overseas. And dun worry about the status of the hotel.... they won't put you in hostel or motel... haha...
7) If you need absolute freedom as in, you can't stand last minute call up for work (eg. you sleep at 11pm and was called up at 2am for 6am flight), then DO NOT APPLY.

Benefits are good in SIA. You are entitled to annual leave, medical and insurance benefits, free travel and discounted travel etc....
Hi girl, when did u quit e job? Becos i have seen some stewardess that are actually less than 1.57m, u confirm tat they wont accept shorter girls? Becos if this is so, most likely i wont go for e interview as im only 1.57m.. :cry:
Well, they may seems shorter than 1.57m and I can assure you that they are not :wink: otherwise you will have tough time reaching the overhead compartment.... and working around in the galley :idea:
Since you have sent in your application, just wait for their notification. And if you are shortlisted for an interview, go for it gal! The interview sessions is an eye-opening thingy.... it's absolute different from those 9-to-5 job kind of interview... even now, the memory is still in my mind....

Remember, process is more important than the result. Treat the interview as a learning process.... cuz not many people has the chance to go through the process 8)

Post by Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:32 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:Hey Galgally,

if u're 157cm only, den wat did u state ur height as on ur application form?
Hi tinkerbelle..e last time i measured was 157.3cm..so i tot its ok to put 158cm..cos different apparatus have different measurements..

galgally

Post by galgally » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:33 pm

Ex-SGirl wrote:
galgally wrote:

Well, they may seems shorter than 1.57m and I can assure you that they are not :wink: otherwise you will have tough time reaching the overhead compartment.... and working around in the galley :idea:
Since you have sent in your application, just wait for their notification. And if you are shortlisted for an interview, go for it girl! The interview sessions is an eye-opening thingy.... it's absolute different from those 9-to-5 job kind of interview... even now, the memory is still in my mind....

Remember, process is more important than the result. Treat the interview as a learning process.... cuz not many people has the chance to go through the process 8)
Hi gal, im very sure that she is shorter than 1.57m becos she walked past me and was like at least 2cm shorter than me and very petite..aniway thanks alot for ur advice..will bear tat in mind!! :D

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:34 pm

Ex-SGirl wrote:
galgally wrote:

Since you have sent in your application, just wait for their notification. And if you are shortlisted for an interview, go for it girl! The interview sessions is an eye-opening thingy.... it's absolute different from those 9-to-5 job kind of interview... even now, the memory is still in my mind....

Hi Ex-SGal,

Do u ever wish that u're still flying? Any regrets abt leaving the company? i know some gals will miss flying after they resigned (due to getting married or being mothers)...miss travelling...

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:38 pm

hi i also just rec'ed email from SIA today. im really happy. i tot i got no hope!!!!! my interview is on 2july in the afternoon. good luckl all!!!

Post by Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:41 pm

Hi Ex-SGal,
i have a qns but hope i dun sound silly to you..
i understand that SQ hire a mix of good-looking and ave-looking gers but no matter wat are their size or looks, it seems that they must have shapely legs coz the uniform will not cover the legs altogether.. So is the bottom half of the body a big issue...? i dun think a SQ ger will look great if she has like.. eg. thick calves...
Thx for all yur advice..!

plainyjaney

Post by plainyjaney » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:49 pm

Catmeat wrote:hi i also just rec'ed email from SIA today. im really happy. i tot i got no hope!!!!! my interview is on 2july in the afternoon. good luckl all!!!
wat time did u rec ur email?

SIA

Post by SIA » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:50 pm

So SIA doesn't stand for "Sluts In the Air". How disappointing.

Let me tell you - that place is a knocking shop of horny women. I've dated 6 myself so I should know. The only joy they get from their menial waitress job at 30,000 ft is to sleep with as many people as possible when away from home. Oddly enough, getting them to be naughty when back home is difficult tho...

Blah

Post by Blah » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:54 pm

SIA wrote:So SIA doesn't stand for "Sluts In the Air". How disappointing.

Let me tell you - that place is a knocking shop of horny women. I've dated 6 myself so I should know. The only joy they get from their menial waitress job at 30,000 ft is to sleep with as many people as possible when away from home. Oddly enough, getting them to be naughty when back home is difficult tho...
Hey wat makes u say so? Maybe u are from SIA yourself.... heard that the stewardesses always go for the pilots... and the pilots are tryers...haha!

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 3:01 pm

crabmeat congrats!! :)

Mind telling when you sent in your application? I e-mailed them on the 24th - don't really know if they will group my application with the Malaysian recruitment, if yes, then I guess I have to wait until after for news only after 2nd July.. O_o

PO

Post by PO » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 3:02 pm

SIA wrote:So SIA doesn't stand for "Sluts In the Air". How disappointing.

quit trying to sound like ur england bery good... not ang moh try to act like one..poser!!