Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
guest99

Post by guest99 » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:15 pm

g u e s t wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote:think the afternoon slots for malaysians..
haha rali? then thats bad for me..okay think i better concentrate on my job then!

no more day dreaming!haha

gd luck girls! ; )
Where got daydreaming? Just try again lah..

purpur

Post by purpur » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hey gals out there anyone have been invite the interview on the 2-July at abt 12.30pm slot, do leave a note here , may be we can meet up :)
and could the selected FA posted your way of success to enlighten us going for the interview......

Thanx a million.......
the first interview is a group interview were u will be doing a self intro and discussing a topic.. it varies from grp to grp.. so u dont have to really prepare for that..in my case, it was rather impromptu...also i didnt have to wait long for the interview..
if u make it through the first interview, u'll then go for second interview.. this is a one-to-one interview..if u pass this, u'll be asked to go down for the kebaya check and stuff..
the process is quite short..it took me about 1-1.5 hrs for both interviews..

Hope im of some help.. Gd luck gals!!

butteredsoup

Selection done in a day???

Post by butteredsoup » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:34 pm

Hi! I came in to read anything on SIA for my Sat's interview at 9.40am and not a regular here...anyone else that early???? Pretty nervous...I read the last post and was seen that you may know that you're selected that day which meant after the 1st interview...same day 2nd interview then pass then go for fitting, pass that and you are in????

Pls advise.

plainyjaney

Post by plainyjaney » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:42 pm

purpur wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hey gals out there anyone have been invite the interview on the 2-July at abt 12.30pm slot, do leave a note here , may be we can meet up :)
and could the selected FA posted your way of success to enlighten us going for the interview......

Thanx a million.......
the first interview is a group interview were u will be doing a self intro and discussing a topic.. it varies from grp to grp.. so u dont have to really prepare for that..in my case, it was rather impromptu...also i didnt have to wait long for the interview..
if u make it through the first interview, u'll then go for second interview.. this is a one-to-one interview..if u pass this, u'll be asked to go down for the kebaya check and stuff..
the process is quite short..it took me about 1-1.5 hrs for both interviews..

Hope im of some help.. Gd luck gals!!
Are u a crew purpur?

zhuzhu leong

Post by zhuzhu leong » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:42 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Guest00 wrote:
blurz wrote: Hi Guest00, I have also yet to receive any email from them. I sent the email on 14th June.....Waiting..... :wink:
No, i had not yet received it. I dont know why. Dont know isit because my email didnt get thru (since their mailbox had abit of prob and i try resending it many times)? I am 24 with hons degree. Isit y? U? I am starting to think of all the reasons that i am being rejected and feeling hopeless... Let's hope that they are still looking at my application...
Hi, I send on the 17th, and I'm also a degree holder, this yr 25. I tink izit that we are over-qualify? Since they didnt mention recruiting degree holders? :(
im 25 and a graduate as well. i did getshortlisted...and not the first time already. so i dont its the "over qualify" thingy

O_^

Re: Selection done in a day???

Post by O_^ » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:46 pm

butteredsoup wrote:Hi! I came in to read anything on SIA for my Sat's interview at 9.40am and not a regular here...anyone else that early???? Pretty nervous...I read the last post and was seen that you may know that you're selected that day which meant after the 1st interview...same day 2nd interview then pass then go for fitting, pass that and you are in????

Pls advise.
After that you will still need to go for swimming test. you need to jump into a 3m deep pool wif a life jacket, swim to the other side... i guess after that stage if you are chosen you will need to go for a final management interview.

zhuzhu leong

Post by zhuzhu leong » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:47 pm

yuebin wrote:Hi all! My interview is 2nd July, 0900. Mouse and nice, not sure if you girls will see this.. But I am so hoping you'll reply! I won't feel as nervous if there are people I know around. So please do add me on msn if you happen to see this. :)
hi mine is on 2nd july 950am

butteredsoup

Post by butteredsoup » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:55 pm

thank you for your reply.....however, all these not done in the same day right? like the fitting, swimming test and the mgmt test.....coz they didnt mention to bring a swimsuit for this sat "just in case" you pass the first 3

O_^ wrote:
butteredsoup wrote:Hi! I came in to read anything on SIA for my Sat's interview at 9.40am and not a regular here...anyone else that early???? Pretty nervous...I read the last post and was seen that you may know that you're selected that day which meant after the 1st interview...same day 2nd interview then pass then go for fitting, pass that and you are in????

Pls advise.
After that you will still need to go for swimming test. you need to jump into a 3m deep pool wif a life jacket, swim to the other side... i guess after that stage if you are chosen you will need to go for a final management interview.

O_^

Post by O_^ » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:58 pm

butteredsoup wrote:thank you for your reply.....however, all these not done in the same day right? like the fitting, swimming test and the mgmt test.....because they didnt mention to bring a swimsuit for this sat "just in case" you pass the first 3

O_^ wrote:

Pls advise.

no problem. =) It is not on the same day. I guess they will inform you thru mail or verbally the day you got selected during the interview..

zhuzhu leong

Post by zhuzhu leong » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:03 pm

guest99 wrote:First of all, thank you to all who replied my query on the "Cover Letter" issue. If its not the mentioned that did the trick, den wat?

And to "Guest": Wat do u mean "by selling to them wat u already have"? Can u quote some examples? Thanks a bunch.

Anyway, just for knowledge's sakes, will still like to find out wat u ppl wrote in ur CL... hobbies?? "sigh"
I suggest that its not the content of the cover letter, but the fluency of the entire essary. I reckon they are interested in pulling out candidates who can write properly because people who write well tends to speak well.

butteredsoup

Interview this sat.....

Post by butteredsoup » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:07 pm

Gosh...thank you for the prompt reply...ok. now all I have to do is keep calm, and prepare for the day and thats it.....

btw, zhuzhu leong....your time and mine is only 10mins apart.....you wanna come together? pls email me at [email protected]. Thank you and all the best to all the ladies who have been shortlisted for the interview......

JaS

Post by JaS » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:11 pm

Gals I Just Got My Email For 1300hours. So Afternoon Not Necessarily For Msian
i'm Local

Guess They Just Started Sending e Aftnoon Batch

Anyonw At This Time Wanna Meet up?

zhuzhu leong

Post by zhuzhu leong » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:11 pm

hi butteredsoup
i would love to go with you. I have added you to my msn, [email protected]

where do u stay?
hope we can meet up on that day

ciaos

zhuzhu leong

Post by zhuzhu leong » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:16 pm

By the way,

to all those who posted their applications on the 17th, i trust that you shouldnt give up hope. tons of those who applied on the same day has yet to receive anything. it meant you are normal. for those who posted on that day, it might mean that you have fallen to the next round due to overwhelming response.

I submitted my application rater late for the april intake, and went in for interview in may where most gers had theirs in april. for the may interview, all the gers i met are those who submitted late as well...

so dont worry too much k? im pretty sure you HAVENT receive.

g u e s t

Post by g u e s t » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:17 pm

JaS wrote:Gals I Just Got My Email For 1300hours. So Afternoon Not Necessarily For Msian
i'm Local

Guess They Just Started Sending e Aftnoon Batch

Anyonw At This Time want to Meet up?
any idea wat time is the lastest time of interview that day? 3 plus?