Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
KCWK

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by KCWK » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 8:17 pm

sami13 wrote:Hi guys!
I’m scared I might faint at the medicals after blood test because I can’t stand the sight of my own blood. But I’m sure my blood reports will be fine as I have done many tests before. Do you think they will reject me because of my fainting problem?
Hi Sami13!

I don’t think there is a problem about that. If you really worry about this you can deal with the doctor hahaha. Cus the doctor is the one who is gonna send in your report. Try to talk to the doctor about this maybe, he will advice you, and try to ask him if it will affect your medical report. But if we see it from the medical aspect, people usually faint when they see blood unexpectedly. Maybe you won’t faint if you are mentally prepared for it. Try it! :D

sami13

Post by sami13 » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 11:13 pm

KCWK wrote:
sami13 wrote:Hi guys!
I’m scared I might faint at the medicals after blood test because I can’t stand the sight of my own blood. But I’m sure my blood reports will be fine as I have done many tests before. Do you think they will reject me because of my fainting problem?
Hi Sami13!

I don’t think there is a problem about that. If you really worry about this you can deal with the doctor hahaha. Cus the doctor is the one who is gonna send in your report. Try to talk to the doctor about this maybe, he will advice you, and try to ask him if it will affect your medical report. But if we see it from the medical aspect, people usually faint when they see blood unexpectedly. Maybe you won’t faint if you are mentally prepared for it. Try it! :D
Hey thankyou :)
I’ll try my best. Hope everything goes fine.

aspringCC

Post by aspringCC » Tue, 31 Jul 2018 1:13 am

Ah I see, thank you! Anyone has tips on how to clear bumps on the forehead? Haha. Thanks!

Rvrvrv

Post by Rvrvrv » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 2:28 am

sami13 wrote:
aspringCC wrote:Hi! I just got KIV-ed and was told to gain 3kg and clear my skin. Does anyone know what will happen if I fail the review?

Hi :) I was on KIV but because of my scars on face I couldn’t clear it. They put me on KIV again. So you have 2 chances. If you fail your 2nd KIV then your application gets rejected and you can apply again if you wish to but from the 1 st step. I hope I clear my 2nd review :???:
Hello! Just curious, where did you hear that you’ll be given only 2 chances for KIV review? Did you hear it from an assessor or staff?
Because I actually met a girl who attended 3 reviews, apart from her first interview. However she failed her 3rd review so she had to go back to round 1. Hmm wonder why there are conflicting info regarding this. Maybe it also depends on the strictness of your assessor?

sami13

Post by sami13 » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 9:02 am

Rvrvrv wrote:
sami13 wrote:
aspringCC wrote:Hi! I just got KIV-ed and was told to gain 3kg and clear my skin. Does anyone know what will happen if I fail the review?

Hi :) I was on KIV but because of my scars on face I couldn’t clear it. They put me on KIV again. So you have 2 chances. If you fail your 2nd KIV then your application gets rejected and you can apply again if you wish to but from the 1 st step. I hope I clear my 2nd review :???:
Hello! Just curious, where did you hear that you’ll be given only 2 chances for KIV review? Did you hear it from an assessor or staff?
Because I actually met a girl who attended 3 reviews, apart from her first interview. However she failed her 3rd review so she had to go back to round 1. Hmm wonder why there are conflicting info regarding this. Maybe it also depends on the strictness of your assessor?
The recruiter told me about it during my 1st review.

Nuashikin

Post by Nuashikin » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 9:18 am

Scars will take time to heal.
Minimum 6 weeks to a year. It all depends.
Me too waiting for my scars to heal and gone.

sami13 wrote:
Rvrvrv wrote:
sami13 wrote:
The recruiter told me about it during my 1st review.

polarbear28

Post by polarbear28 » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 6:56 pm

Hello, anyone went for medical checkup on the 30 july 2018 and received their golden call/sms already?

I was called for a second x ray during the checkup but I've never had any history of scoliosis while growing up.

my timeline:
first interview 23/6
KIV review 28/7
medical checkup 30/7

availability: immediate

JGambit

Post by JGambit » Wed, 08 Aug 2018 11:44 am

Hi guys, I have finally cleared everything and due to start at the end of this month(August). It was a very very very long process for me because I was wearing braces when I went for my interview. I had to wait until my braces were off then progress on to final review again then medical.

Here is a brief timeline of my experience

10th March 2018: Interview day
10th June 2018: Called up for review upon removal of braces and I failed my review because I had slight bumps on my forehead. The assessor was very very harsh and strict. So I was KIV-ed again
14th July 2018: Went for second review and passed! The assessor this time round was super friendly and nice!
16th July 2018: Went down to STC to hand in my documents and also went for Medical
23rd July 2018: Got the Golden call!!!!! I will start in end of August because I have to give a months notice at my current job.

It was a very very long and painful experience for me,mid way through I was afraid that they would have forgotten about me. But trust them and be calm,they have your records. Going for the review was very tiring mentally because you get rejected based on your looks so there wasn’t much you could do about it.

Best of luck to those who are going for the interview!

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 10:41 am

Hello guys, I have a question here. My friend who has the same date of interview and medical checkup with me get the golden call already. I'm still waiting right now. May I know anything wrong with it?

Timeline:

28th July : Interview date
30th July : Went for medical checkup

It's so hard to be patience at this moment.

susuchubby

Post by susuchubby » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:49 am

any Malaysian here waiting for the golden call?
wonder how long does it takes..

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:50 am

susuchubby wrote:any Malaysian here waiting for the golden call?
yeah im malaysian here. when u did ur interview?

susuchubby

Post by susuchubby » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:58 am

chillnutz wrote:
yeah im malaysian here. when u did ur interview?
exactly same as yours

Shahir

Post by Shahir » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 4:16 pm

Heyya susuchubby, have you cleared your medical exam and passed your documents to SIA HR already?

susuchubby

Post by susuchubby » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 4:31 pm

Shahir wrote:
Heyya susuchubby, have you cleared your medical exam and passed your documents to SIA HR already?
Hiii, I submitted all my supporting documents including the application form and EP form after I completed the 4 stages of interview as requested, I did my medical check up few days after interview.

Shahir

Post by Shahir » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 4:33 pm

susuchubby wrote:
Shahir wrote:
Hiii, I submitted all my supporting documents including the application form and EP form after I completed the 4 stages of interview as requested, I did my medical check up few days after interview.

Ah sorry I meant to ask did you resubmit your personal documents and education certs after you were informed that you have passed/cleared your medical exam?