Singapore Expats

Acne and acne scar cream in singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Re: Acne and acne scar cream in singapore

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 19 May 2017 11:20 am

The best routine that has helped keep the acne at bay for me:

- weekly 10 min facial steam + exfoliation using similar product like this one https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Aqua-Gel ... +exfoliate

- daily nightly * oil cleansing using http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/product/cl ... lt,pd.html + argan oil (as a moisturize, comedogenic rating = 0)

- daily morning cleanse with water + argan oil for moisturizing

* Shu Uemura's oil cleanser is the only cleanser that has worked for me. It delivers what it promises and goes deep down in cleansing the pores. I had wasted too much time and money on the rest, in the past.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 22 May 2017 11:27 am

because earthfriendly replied, i'll add on to scar reduction...

i've got heaps of scars from various motorcycles and car crashes and am prone to keloids.

a friend (dermatologist) gave me a tube of tretinoin cream last year (free, near expiration date), which i have been regularly applying on one particularly (big) scarred patch.

it's been about 9 months since i started. it's probably improved in color, size and comfort by at least 75%. the reason i know is because i only applied it to 2/3 of the scar's surface area so i can gauge how well it works.

after 6 months, i've started rubbing it into the other 1/3 and various other scars as well.

it's not available OTC but you can ask your doctor if it's suitable for you.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

terralovina

Post by terralovina » Wed, 24 May 2017 5:12 pm

Would you consider going for laser treatment? I have been going for 3 times (Q-switch laser) for my ongoing acne + acne scar problem. I have seen a huge difference on my face. I was resisting doing laser at first and opted for regular chemical peel facial. Though chemical peel facial does help in enlightening my overall complexion, but I did not get any significant improvement on my acne scar (have been going for 8 months at the moment, still doing it bc I still have 10 more times until my package finishes). There is no downtime at all doing Q-switch facial, and just make sure it is the dermatologist/doctor doing it for you, not a beautician.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 08 Jun 2017 5:52 pm

laser some times result in hyper pigmentation.

happened to my wife (east asian) and she got really annoyed.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

becki

Post by becki » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 3:24 pm

My doctor recommends retin A cream... And has a unique way of using it to overcome skin dryness side effects

Sia White

Post by Sia White » Tue, 07 Aug 2018 8:25 pm

Exfoliation should be not more than 2 timer per week otherwise you will remove natural oils of the skin and the acne will become worse. it is the same when you have a sunburn - at first your skin is dry but then the acne is back and it is at least twice worse. I had https://vanessamissylove.com/acne-solut ... cambridge/ and then I didn`t exfoliate the skin a month and half.

CashewNut

Post by CashewNut » Wed, 05 Feb 2020 5:13 pm

I’ve had random spots arising on my face due to, i think, build up of sweat and dirt picked up on my long distance runs.

Like most blokes, i typically don’t use face or body creams. However, i did buy this for my face and it worked really well. Little pricey but you only need to use a little bit. A tub lasts me around 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro