Singapore Expats

Can I continue staying with Notification Letter?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
robertng

Can I continue staying with Notification Letter?

Post by robertng » Sat, 28 Jul 2018 8:20 pm

• I'm currently on LTVP, due to expire on August 2.
  • My EP pass application has been approved, IPA letter issued and medical check-up done.
  • I'm due to start work on July 31, and I'll collect the Notification Letter in the morning before starting to work, supposedly in the hands of my company now.
  • For the whole duration I haven't been leaving Singapore, so I haven't needed to submit my IPA letter to immigration yet.
Will I overstay after August 2 since technically my EP card hasn't been issued yet? Can this Notification Letter act as a legal document for my stay in Singapore, and is it automatic or do I need to leave-reenter SG for it? Is it legal for me to work on July 31 (I read that Notification Letter shld be enough)? Should I need to leave and reenter SG before July 31 to activate the 30-day pass from the IPA letter just in case?

I just want to be sure I wouldn't overstay since the dates are all so close together. My main concern is when I go to register fingerprint/photo I'll be considered overstaying since it's after August 2 yet why am I staying in Singapore with dead LTVP, and even worse already working. I wouldn't be able to call ICA until Monday (when it's already July 30) so I'm a bit worried during this time.

Thank you very much in advance :)