Singapore Expats

PR Application (Self Msian, sponsor son Msian), to sponsor Chinese Hubby also? Dilemma!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chiaumeigan

PR Application (Self Msian, sponsor son Msian), to sponsor Chinese Hubby also? Dilemma!

Post by chiaumeigan » Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:54 pm

Dear all,

I (Malaysian lady) would like to seek your kind advice.

1st application - rejected (self application after 2 years of working under Employment Pass + sponsor Chinese hubby (who has dependent pass sponsored by me is working in china). Son is not included in the sponsorship.

Currently considering to go for 2nd application - self + sponsor 1 year old Malaysian son. Dilemma is not sure if SHOULD I ALSO SPONSOR MY CHINESE HUBBY in this application OR i should sponsor him after i get my PR. I wish that he can get PR soon as he had tried looking for job last year in Singapore but is tough to get a suitable job as he is chinese + no PR. I heard that applying as a family will have higher chance of getting PR. A friend of mine has recently gotten PR (self + sponsor 2 Malaysian kids + sponsor a Malaysian hubby who is working in Malaysia). Of course, I am also aware that Chinese and Malaysia are treated differently under PR application consideration.

Anyone has similar situation as me? Kindly advise. Thanks.

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Re: PR Application (Self Msian, sponsor son Msian), to sponsor Chinese Hubby also? Dilemma!

Post by bcheng74 » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 2:57 am

Why are you unsure if you should include your Chinese husband?

svnebh

Re: PR Application (Self Msian, sponsor son Msian), to sponsor Chinese Hubby also? Dilemma!

Post by svnebh » Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:14 pm

Apply for yourself and your son first. Once you are approved, He can be on LTVP and find work here. I don't think you can import him directly from China and expect the government to hand him PR so you have "perfect" arrangements.