Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Chacha92

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by Chacha92 » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 10:55 am

nainaii wrote:I went for the medical examination on 20th June and I just received email yesterday asking me to provide them necessary documents.

Hello there! I just read that you went for your medical on the 29th April? that's really long for them to process! I hope I don't have to wait that long..

Did you have to do any second xray?

nainaii

Post by nainaii » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 2:18 pm

Chacha92 wrote:
nainaii wrote:I went for the medical examination on 20th June and I just received email yesterday asking me to provide them necessary documents.

Hello there! I just read that you went for your medical on the 29th April? that's really long for them to process! I hope I don't have to wait that long..

Did you have to do any second xray?
29 Apr was the date where I passed the interview. I went on 20th June.

Nope. What about you?

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 5:01 pm

Chacha92 wrote:Hi everyone! I went for my walk in interview on 6th may and the medical on the 8th may. I did not get any calls or emails or letters after a month so i emailed them and they said that the clinic has been trying to reach me.

So i called Fullerton and realised they’ve gotten my phone number wrong and i was supposed to do a second xray for my scoliosis. I then went immediately the next day on the 23rd june to do my xray and have not gotten any reply since. I have very mild scoliosis in secondary school, it was only 3 degrees. Hope it did not worsen throughout the years!

It’s been the 3rd week now so not sure if my application is successful. :(

Anyone who waited more than 2 weeks and not gotten their golden call/sms? My notice period is 2 months though but i’ve already tendered in my current company :( hoping they can call me soon and start sooner!
Hi Chacha92. I heard if you don't get any rejection letter in 2-3 weeks then you are safe. The second x-ray was to check the degree of your scoliosis. If it did not get worsened, it should be fine! They might only call you when they have scheduled your training. Just be patient for the golden call :)

Hey nainaii and xfactor, I've sent you guys a personal message would you check it? Cus I have another issue and thinking it might not be appropriate to discuss here. :D

atheist

Post by atheist » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 5:29 pm

hi for those that went to the medial check up, was it still as stringent(under the lights and stuff) cuz I have uneven skin tone due to laser (white and skin coloured on nose) not sure if they are ok.

Chacha92

Post by Chacha92 » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 5:38 pm

KCWK wrote:
Chacha92 wrote:Hi everyone! I went for my walk in interview on 6th may and the medical on the 8th may. I did not get any calls or emails or letters after a month so i emailed them and they said that the clinic has been trying to reach me.

So i called Fullerton and realised they’ve gotten my phone number wrong and i was supposed to do a second xray for my scoliosis. I then went immediately the next day on the 23rd june to do my xray and have not gotten any reply since. I have very mild scoliosis in secondary school, it was only 3 degrees. Hope it did not worsen throughout the years!

Anyone who waited more than 2 weeks and not gotten their golden call/sms? My notice period is 2 months though but i’ve already tendered in my current company :( hoping they can call me soon and start sooner!
Hi Chacha92. I heard if you don't get any rejection letter in 2-3 weeks then you are safe. The second x-ray was to check the degree of your scoliosis. If it did not get worsened, it should be fine! They might only call you when they have scheduled your training. Just be patient for the golden call :)

Hey nainaii and xfactor, I've sent you guys a personal message would you check it? Cus I have another issue and thinking it might not be appropriate to discuss here. :D
Thanks for replying and advising me! I do hope they’ll give me a confirmation by this week or the end of next cause im serving notice with my current company. I just feel kinda stuck cause i dont know if i want to look for other jobs. :(

When did you go for your interview and what’s your current status may i ask? :)

Chacha92

Post by Chacha92 » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 5:44 pm

atheist wrote:hi for those that went to the medial check up, was it still as stringent(under the lights and stuff) cuz I have uneven skin tone due to laser (white and skin coloured on nose) not sure if they are ok.
Hi there! :) no it’s not so stringent as compared to the past whereby i heard that candidates have to stand under a “stage” of light and there’s spotlight flashing on your face.

When i went for my interview, it was just in a function room at Suntec Convention Centre and was told to stand underneath the ceiling lights instead of spotlight. She’ll ask you to turn your head left right, up and down to check for any acne scars or whatnots. But i feel they’re more lenient lately.

Can yours be covered with make up? If it can then i guess it will not pose as an issue. I do have freckles and the foundation that i wore isn’t high coverage so it still peeks through my skin. But she did not raise that as a concern at all.

Hope yours is okay too! :)

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 5:57 pm

Chacha92 wrote:
KCWK wrote:

Thanks for replying and advising me! I do hope they’ll give me a confirmation by this week or the end of next cause im serving notice with my current company. I just feel kinda stuck cause i dont know if i want to look for other jobs. :(

I did the interview on 23/6 and currently waiting for the golden call as well :)

atheist

Post by atheist » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 6:41 pm

Chacha92 wrote:
atheist wrote:hi for those that went to the medial check up, was it still as stringent(under the lights and stuff) cuz I have uneven skin tone due to laser (white and skin coloured on nose) not sure if they are ok.
Hi there! :) no it’s not so stringent as compared to the past whereby i heard that candidates have to stand under a “stage” of light and there’s spotlight flashing on your face.

When i went for my interview, it was just in a function room at Suntec Convention Centre and was told to stand underneath the ceiling lights instead of spotlight. She’ll ask you to turn your head left right, up and down to check for any acne scars or whatnots. But i feel they’re more lenient lately.

Can yours be covered with make up? If it can then i guess it will not pose as an issue. I do have freckles and the foundation that i wore isn’t high coverage so it still peeks through my skin. But she did not raise that as a concern at all.

Haha I’m a guy so don’t think able to apply make up. Hm if close up then can see the visible uneven colour :/ side view also got little small bumps (visually) not confidenttttt

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 6:49 pm

atheist wrote:
Chacha92 wrote:

Haha I’m a guy so don’t think able to apply make up. Hm if close up then can see the visible uneven colour :/ side view also got little small bumps (visually) not confidenttttt
Hey maybe you should just go ahead and try it out! Who knows you might make it. You are never gonna lose anything trying it out :)

Chacha92

Post by Chacha92 » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 7:48 pm

KCWK wrote:
atheist wrote:
Chacha92 wrote:

Hey maybe you should just go ahead and try it out! Who knows you might make it. You are never gonna lose anything trying it out :)
Yes! You never know so just go for it! They have an interview this saturday! All the best! :)

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 8:24 pm

Chacha92 wrote:
KCWK wrote:

Hi Chacha92, I’ve done the interview on 23/6 and currently waiting for the golden call. I’ve sent you a private message, would you check it please? Hehe :)

KCWK

Post by KCWK » Thu, 12 Jul 2018 8:25 pm

Chacha92 wrote:
KCWK wrote:

Hi Chacha92, I’ve done the interview on 23/6 and currently waiting for the golden call. I’ve sent you a private message, would you check it please? Hehe :)
Also atheist, I have sent you a private message regarding my experience of the skin check. You can check it out

Nuashikin

Post by Nuashikin » Fri, 13 Jul 2018 8:42 am

KCWK wrote:
Chacha92 wrote:
KCWK wrote:

Also atheist, I have sent you a private message regarding my experience of the skin check. You can check it out
Hi I would also like to know more about the skin check.pm me too. Thank you.

hellokitty54321

Post by hellokitty54321 » Fri, 13 Jul 2018 6:19 pm

Can i check if the medical check up include blood test as well? What do they test for?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mouyok

Post by mouyok » Fri, 13 Jul 2018 10:51 pm

hellokitty54321 wrote:Can i check if the medical check up include blood test as well? What do they test for?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Urine test, blood test, chest xray, eye test, hearing test, blood pressure. And doctor might ask u to take full spine xray IF he/she suspend u have scoliosis based on your chest xray.