Singapore Expats

Looking for accommodation opinion

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
sumankumar157

Looking for accommodation opinion

Post by sumankumar157 » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 12:56 pm

Hi,

I am looking for accommodation and need your opinion on this. I am an Indian and moving for the first time to Singapore for my new job.
My Office location is near PANDAN Cresent.

I am thinking of booking a Hostel for 5-7 days and Once i will be there i will physically check some HBD or condos before going for full time move.
I am checking online and getting a lot of hostels near by little India. Should i consider?

Please let me know your opinion.

Search By

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Looking for accommodation opinion

Post by bgd » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 2:28 pm

It's a good idea to check places out before renting, it's amazing how often adverts can be misleading.

As to hostels I can't offer any advice. Little India is a good a place as any and will provide you with plenty of food choices.

agborndipvanessa3

Post by agborndipvanessa3 » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 7:50 pm

Hi I am a cameroonian who wants to visit singapore for vacation.it wil also permit me have a view about SG cuz I am considering moving Der.it would be my first time there.I need to have an idea about the affordable hostels

Sent from my SM-J110H using Tapatalk

sumankumar157

Post by sumankumar157 » Sat, 07 Jul 2018 12:16 pm

thanks @bgd .. I will go for hostel for 5 days

UncleSunshine

Post by UncleSunshine » Tue, 10 Jul 2018 1:49 pm

Hello Sumankumar, welcome to Singapore!

I would say you'll probably find Little India's atmosphere to be a little familiar for you, compared to hostels at different places- like Chinatown. If you're the adventurous kind, you can check out other places!

You've made a great decision to come in early and check out your options.

Also, Little India is about 25 minutes drive away from your office - Pandan Cresent (west coast area), or probably 45 mins -1 hour train & bus ride. Do take that into consideration if you're intending to check out places around the West Coast area..