Singapore Expats

2 weeks in Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Pegasister

2 weeks in Singapore

Post by Pegasister » Fri, 29 Jun 2018 6:26 pm

Hi, I am coming to Singapore for 2 weeks for business and would like to know what can be recommended there. I saw some posts on activities and food:[sanitized by moderator]. My friend suggested that I should try out a mixture of market and michelin food because the island is known for their diverse food options.

Since I will be spending my birthday there, I wonder if I can get any food recommendations. I referred to these posts: [sanitized by moderator]

Are these reliable? Thanks!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: 2 weeks in Singapore

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 30 Jun 2018 7:37 am

Mate, you'll find you can't walk half a block without tripping over a place to eat. From hawker centers to eateries in every major office building to restaurants all over the place, you'll not be wanting for choices.

I'd be wary of those Michelin rated places. Think $$$$. Think food that is "presented" rather than served. I'd bring up a Google map with an area around where you will be staying. Search for restaurants. Read the reviews. You can never know for sure but sometimes the hole in the wall places are great.

x9200

Re: 2 weeks in Singapore

Post by x9200 » Sat, 30 Jun 2018 10:46 am

Pegasister wrote:Hi, I am coming to Singapore for 2 weeks for business and would like to know what can be recommended there. I saw some posts on activities and food:[sanitized by moderator]. My friend suggested that I should try out a mixture of market and michelin food because the island is known for their diverse food options.

Since I will be spending my birthday there, I wonder if I can get any food recommendations. I referred to these posts: [sanitized by moderator]

Are these reliable? Thanks!
So you are yet to come to Singapore but you already managed to post from a local IP? How can?