Singapore Expats

How to Gain Weight?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
adamhanz

Re: How to Gain Weight?

Post by adamhanz » Mon, 09 Oct 2017 12:54 am

There are many who wish to educe weight, and here I am discovering to Gain Weight. It is better to make strong body instead of Gaining body weight.

elissawilliams

Post by elissawilliams » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 2:14 pm

running exercise is the best exercise which is perfect for weight loss and health. This exercise is simple to perform helps for your healthy diet. This exercise is helps to attain body weight, whereas power training is helpful in building and maintaining body muscles.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 6:13 pm

elissawilliams wrote:running exercise is the best exercise which is perfect for weight loss and health. This exercise is simple to perform helps for your healthy diet. This exercise is helps to attain body weight, whereas power training is helpful in building and maintaining body muscles.
This is stupid. If you have a fair bit of weight to lose, then you will want to forego the running until you have lost the weight and THEN start running and cardio. Otherwise, you stand a good chance of furthering the damage your weight has already done to you knees and ankles/feet. The distance you need to run in order to lose weight is not sufficient to be used as a weight loss program. After you have lost the weight THEN start running to build up endurance and body toning.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

venteyecare

Post by venteyecare » Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:42 am

Hi, Im also underweight and i gain weight by the simple this simple ways. I do some work at the gym and I eat meals with heavy proteins, and from 45 kgs to 65 kgs.

elissawilliams

Post by elissawilliams » Tue, 19 Dec 2017 7:03 pm

This is stupid. If you have a fair bit of weight to lose, then you will want to forego the running until you have lost the weight and THEN start running and cardio. Otherwise, you stand a good chance of furthering the damage your weight has already done to you knees and ankles/feet. The distance you need to run in order to lose weight is not sufficient to be used as a weight loss program. After you have lost the weight THEN start running to build up endurance and body toning.
Thanks for your caring reply, but I achieve the weight loss by regularly doing running exercise in my life. I am young and fit, so I don’t bother about the leg pain. May be the old age person only feel about the leg, knees pain.

Clarencelim

Post by Clarencelim » Thu, 28 Dec 2017 7:09 pm

Hello, gaining weight is simple but gaining weight healthily is tricky.

For the general public who are underweight and looking to gain weight, you should be looking at caloric surplus.
The speed to gaining weight depends on individual's goals and timeline. Firstly, you need to find out your daily basal metabolic rate then add in any calories expenditure(exercise, heavy
work etc.)

Secondly, intake of food should be more than ur total calorie expenditure to achieve caloric surplus.

Lastly, the speed of weight gain depends on individual goals. 1kg = 7700cal. Thus, if u have a caloric surplus of 7700cal in a week, u'll gain 1kg in a week but it's not going to be healthy. Everyone's body is different, you should know ur body better than anyone else. Eat according to what u can handle, ideally will be 200-400g of weight gain per week.

Hope this helps.

flossysingapore

Post by flossysingapore » Sun, 31 Dec 2017 4:19 pm

Why do you want to gain weight? The best way as others have suggested is through building muscle, so hit the gym. This in turn should also increase your appetite!

chowster235

Post by chowster235 » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 6:36 pm

Eat more than what you normally consume. Take supplements such as protein and mass gainers. These will increase the weight you will gain substantially :D

Ching73

Post by Ching73 » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:46 pm

To gain weight (assuming muscle mass and not fat), one need to look at the following:

1) Body type - this will affect how easy or difficult one put on muscle mass & the type of exercises you need to focus on.
2) Balancing blood sugar - low blood sugar will trigger our body to break down amino acids (protein) in our muscles. Thus, one need to know how to balance this.
3) Protein intake - protein is the building blocks of muscles. Our body can only absorb about 25 - 45g per seating. So, need to know how much to eat and when.
4) Sleep - insufficient sleep will affect our hormone level including testosterone which is very important in building muscles.

Share with you more if interested.

dream567

Post by dream567 » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 2:56 pm

AdinDen wrote:Hello Friends,
I am 20 Years old and my weight is 45 KG. I tried many things like i eat bananas and also eat calorie food but not work. Please suggest me how can i gain my weight?

Try eating more chicken skin. I kept on eating chicken skin and apparently I gained like 4kg? within 2 months. I'm not sure if that is a fast progress ah. But for me I gain good enough hahahaha

Michelle Mcdermott

Post by Michelle Mcdermott » Tue, 08 May 2018 5:21 am

Just keep eating even when you feel full throughout the day! :shock:

Kingnek

Post by Kingnek » Mon, 28 May 2018 4:45 pm

It could be your stomach flora and fauna, so try eating more yoghurt etc, but u can also buy good quality probiotics to help balance out your level of good bacteria, I use the one available in Guardian, it is from New Zealand, quite good. Some drink apple cider vinegar with honey to achieve it, u can also use quality black seed oil, that really works, buy the ones from Turkey as that has the best TQ anti oxidant quality, I got mine online from FIQ Herbs.

Pennykee

Post by Pennykee » Wed, 20 Jun 2018 6:35 pm

If you exercise a lot, cut it down. Be a couch potato and stuff your self with good food but remember to keep an eye for your health too. If you tried everything and is not working is either your metabolism is faster than normal ppl or you need to see a doctor.

jnageb18

Post by jnageb18 » Fri, 22 Jun 2018 5:38 pm

eat more! put more calories into your body than what it is used to, and over a sustained period of time. thats bcos our bodies adapt to new lifestyles and not temporary shocks. if u are intending to gain muscle mass, then hit the gym and build some muscles with weighted exercises. in short, just eat alot more. your body is at its current size bcos its used to the amount of food(calories in them) that youve been feeding it. your body is not going to change just by small tweaks. it needs to experience lots more calorie intake, everyday, than it has been used to.

I have used weightgainers(supplements) before and am not a huge fan of it. thats because they contain tons of chemical/artificial ingredients and the ingredients that contribute to weight gain are simple sugars, carbs and fat which lack many other essential nutrients. I prefer whole foods now, for a more complete nutrient intake so my body doesnt just receive calories to gain weight but is healthy overall.
https://www.quora.com/Are-weight-gainers-bad-for-you

but thats just my opinion! some people may suggest weightgainers and they can be useful for some circumstances.

jitu89

Post by jitu89 » Sun, 24 Jun 2018 6:25 pm

Hey @taxico, can you please share the calorie counting link so that i may check.