Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:16 pm

guest99 wrote:Elo,

Calling all shortlisted candidates.. wat did u guys write in your cover letter that made the interviewers so impressed that they've got to see u face to face?? :)

Charity work? a penchant for travelling? customer svc experience? Please help!! Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I was short-listed for the interview, not too sure if it was the cover letter that did the trick but i do have some suggestions.

Firstly, i don't think it matters that much to them if you have experience in relevant fields. Most importantly, it is to highlight what you already have, make it your strength and sell to them how what you have can contribute to them.

Just a little theory on my end that i think will do the magic. =)

Cheers!

Post by Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:23 pm

hi, this is kinda embarrassing.. I didn't attach a cover letter. I sent it in after work one day and in my muddled state of mind I took cover letter to be cover PAGE. Surprisingly they still shortlisted me. I have no idea why.

Post by Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:30 pm

I'm Malaysian.I wonder why I wasn't shortlisted. I did everything according to the requirements. Cover letter, photos(studio shots even), application form. But till now, still no replies and I start to wonder what are they looking for. I do have working experience in customer service. Hmmm.......this is confusing hehe......I sent before 18th as well.....guess I'll wait for another week and see how it goes. I've sent another application yesterday and hopefully get a reply on the 2nd of July

Post by Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:hi, this is kinda embarrassing.. I didn't attach a cover letter. I sent it in after work one day and in my muddled state of mind I took cover letter to be cover PAGE. Surprisingly they still shortlisted me. I have no idea why.
ha ha... could it be your experience? or, that u must be drop dead gorgeous? what time is your interview? on sat?

Suzycreamcheeze

Re: silkair final interivew

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:36 pm

guest~ wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote:Hi Guest,

If u read the previous posts.. some of them got replies already. I assumed all short-listed applicants wld ve recd invitations by last friday.. Then again, i could be wrong.
well, i ain't too sure either. but i read from Suzycreamycheese that she has yet gotten a reply too.
a friend of mine called HR today... they said it will take a while for the letters to be sent out for the Silkair interview. Dunno why but they stated that from our last interview, it may take abt 1-2weeks b4 they send out our letters.. so not to worry girls, just wait patiently

Post by Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:45 pm

Hi,

On average for each recruitment exercise, how many flight attendants does SIA take in?

30 / 40 per batch?

thanks

M

Post by M » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:48 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:Hey M,

I guessed as much..women's intuition I call it. :) Prob a HR rule to give the short-listed ones a week to preen n look their best. Oh well~ better luck next time. :)
Hey tinker, no worries. Recuritment for ladies happen quite frequently. As for us gentlemen, frequency is much lower. I guess they need more stewards to do da manual work for the new planes!! :twisted:

Post by Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:59 pm

M,

What were the questions asked for the last interview - I heard it's the most gruelling interview.

10x

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:21 pm

Hihi M,

You're funny.. shud ve no prob acing that interview if u speak as well as u write!! :)

guest99

Post by guest99 » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:30 pm

First of all, thank you to all who replied my query on the "Cover Letter" issue. If its not the mentioned that did the trick, den wat?

And to "Guest": Wat do u mean "by selling to them wat u already have"? Can u quote some examples? Thanks a bunch.

Anyway, just for knowledge's sakes, will still like to find out wat u ppl wrote in ur CL... hobbies?? "sigh"

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:I'm Malaysian.I wonder why I wasn't shortlisted. I did everything according to the requirements. Cover letter, photos(studio shots even), application form. But till now, still no replies and I start to wonder what are they looking for. I do have working experience in customer service. Hmmm.......this is confusing hehe......I sent before 18th as well.....guess I'll wait for another week and see how it goes. I've sent another application yesterday and hopefully get a reply on the 2nd of July
Maybe becos u sent the application in when they're looking for local stewards? From what Ive heard so far, SIA adores Malaysians..mainly cos they dun whine as much as uhm.. the "rest".

*meekly* Dont shoot the messenger!! :D

Post by Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:10 am

Anonymous wrote:I'm Malaysian.I wonder why I wasn't shortlisted. I did everything according to the requirements. Cover letter, photos(studio shots even), application form. But till now, still no replies and I start to wonder what are they looking for. I do have working experience in customer service. Hmmm.......this is confusing hehe......I sent before 18th as well.....guess I'll wait for another week and see how it goes. I've sent another application yesterday and hopefully get a reply on the 2nd of July
Heard from my fren in hr that those who were shortlisted for the interview are required to verify whether they would be able to turn up. If they unable to do so, they would give others a chance. So it might be possible that you would receive an invitation from wed onwards. Just keep your fingers crossed :D

Post by Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:18 am

Anonymous wrote:
Heard from my fren in hr that those who were shortlisted for the interview are required to verify whether they would be able to turn up. If they unable to do so, they would give others a chance. So it might be possible that you would receive an invitation from wed onwards. Just keep your fingers crossed :D
Hi Guest, that's a gd news for us, the gals whom up till nw haven recieve the invitation... :wink:

Greenfairy

Post by Greenfairy » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:41 am

Hey! All female Malaysian applicants for SIA don't worry! You will be getting ur email soon. I sent in mine on 13 June but only receive their reply on 27 June. My interview is at 2 July 12pm. Think the afternoon ones are for Malaysians.

Post by Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:40 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

On average for each recruitment exercise, how many flight attendants does SIA take in?

30 / 40 per batch?

thanks
they dont really have a quota from what i know. For my batch of the 7th may interview, only 13 were selected.