Singapore Expats

Electronics In singapore

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
samsingh01

Electronics In singapore

Post by samsingh01 » Thu, 21 Jun 2018 5:40 pm

Hey Mates,

I am new to this forum, I am planning to visit Singapore next month with my family. I want to know the best electronics which can be bought from Singapore..!!

:) :)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Electronics In singapore

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 21 Jun 2018 10:40 pm

Consider: They are all made in China, anyway. It's the same brands you find elsewhere. The rents in Singapore are very high, leading to high prices for electronics as well. Unless there is something you just can't find it Oz, I wouldn't call Singapore a destination for electronics shopping.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Electronics In singapore

Post by bgd » Fri, 22 Jun 2018 9:46 am

It used to be a destination in the 1970s, but those days are long gone.

However if you are after niche stuff you can sometimes find bargains. For example, there was a time when UK hifi gear was cheaper here than the UK.

Adelphi Mall for hifi, Sim Lim for everything else. Orchard has a few shops in the older malls, Far East Square and Lucky Plaza spring to mind - avoid Sundays due to crowds.

Know your product/prices and make sure you know exactly what you are buying, particularly in Sim Lim.