Singapore Expats

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
danhsmile043

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Post by danhsmile043 » Fri, 15 Jun 2018 10:31 am

Hi Folks,

I've only been in Singapore for over a month so not sure how everyone else's job-hunting has been. My spouse and I moved here because I got a job offer several months ago, but spouse is still job-hunting....and has been so for months before we arrived.

For email, we use Outlook and set the option to receive read notification feature. In a few occasions, the job posting noted the recruiter name and email, so my spouse emailed CV and cover letter. Only in Singapore, has my spouse been receiving the notifications that "item was deleted unread".

At first we thought maybe position was filled, so they don't need more resumes and delete. Then item re-post and the same thing happens via another recruiter.

Has this happened to anyone else? I wonder why recruiters would post jobs and not even bother to open the attachment (especially when the job listing noted to email them directly). Do you think they see a foreigner name and by default wouldn't waste time to read it? That's about the only thing I could think of. The posting didn't indicate for Singaporeans or PR only, so am really baffled. Do recruiters need to look busy and post some jobs out there that do not exist?

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Post by bgd » Mon, 18 Jun 2018 9:39 am

Just search these forums and you'll see that Sg recruiters are not held in high regard.

Better off using LinkedIn, networking and direct approaches to companies. There was quite a good explanation how one of our members used LinkedIn successfully here. A search will turn it up.