Singapore Expats

roasted coffee beans

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
pwrlara1990

Re: roasted coffee beans

Post by pwrlara1990 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 3:40 pm

jackson80 wrote:Anyone know if the many pop up hipster cafes in the tiong bahru area are good?

Also if they sell any beans?

Thanks!

i would think they are pretty good. personally live around that area and have been to a few. but it can get a bit pricey as you mentioned its all hipster cafes and theyre riding on the trend. coffee beans wise it really depends on the shop. sometimes you can nego with them and get the beans at a cost when they dont outright sell them in packs.

its good to check where the beans are from before you get them cause cofee is really quite subjective. not all beans are made equal!~

archcherub
Regular
Regular

Post by archcherub » Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:24 am

any good place to buy coffee beans ah? trying to make my own coffee at home, heard its fresher.
sick of "sour tasting" coffee in SG.

archcherub
Regular
Regular

Post by archcherub » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 1:45 pm

does anyone know if storing coffee beans in containers is correct in Singapore
i read from this article how to store coffee beans that we are not supposed to store our coffee beans in the fridge.

i actually store my coffee beans in the refrigerator, not the fridge. I thought the cooler temperature is easier on the beans as Singapore is so hot.
am I destroying my beans? :?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 5:17 pm

The word refrigerator and fridge are one and the same. Fridge is just a shortened version of the longer word. Did you actually mean freezer instead of fridge?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers