Singapore Expats

PR application pending since september 2017

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
D_S

Post by D_S » Mon, 11 Jun 2018 2:30 pm

Hi all,

Looking to see how long its been taking successful pr applicants (to get their approvals) and unsuccessful applicants (to get their rejections)? I applied for my pr in September 2017 and its approaching 9 months since i applied. In this time, i havent heard from ica at all (for additional information required etc). At the 6 month mark, i sent them an email to inquire on the status of my application. The response, as expected, was that they will notify me as and when a decision is made or if theu require additional information.

As its been almost 9 months, wanted to get a sense of how long its taking for people to get their rejections or approvals. Appreciate you all sharing!

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 11 Jun 2018 8:21 pm

D_S wrote:Hi all,

Looking to see how long its been taking successful pr applicants (to get their approvals) and unsuccessful applicants (to get their rejections)? I applied for my pr in September 2017 and its approaching 9 months since i applied. In this time, i havent heard from ica at all (for additional information required etc). At the 6 month mark, i sent them an email to inquire on the status of my application. The response, as expected, was that they will notify me as and when a decision is made or if theu require additional information.

As its been almost 9 months, wanted to get a sense of how long its taking for people to get their rejections or approvals. Appreciate you all sharing!
How long is a piece of string?

It could be as soon as 3 months or as long as 18 months.
Last edited by jamie9vardy on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cupofcoffee

Re: PR application pending since september 2017

Post by cupofcoffee » Tue, 12 Jun 2018 3:49 pm

Hey D_S,

To answer your question: approved in 8.5 months. Original Post.

I tick all the right checkboxes: right race/nationality combo, good qualifications & fairly long uninterrupted stay in Singapore, but it still took a while for approval.

Relevant section quoted below:
Completed my doctoral studies in Singapore, and subsequently working as a postdoc.

Race: Malaysian Chinese
Duration in Singapore: 5 years at point of application
Duration of application: 8.5 months (Sept 2017)
Qualification: PhD
Job: Postdoctoral Fellow

D_S

Post by D_S » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 2:05 pm

cupofcoffee wrote:Hey D_S,

To answer your question: approved in 8.5 months. Original Post.

I tick all the right checkboxes: right race/nationality combo, good qualifications & fairly long uninterrupted stay in Singapore, but it still took a while for approval.

Relevant section quoted below:
Completed my doctoral studies in Singapore, and subsequently working as a postdoc.

Race: Malaysian Chinese
Duration in Singapore: 5 years at point of application
Duration of application: 8.5 months (Sept 2017)
Qualification: PhD
Job: Postdoctoral Fellow
Aah, i see. Thats great news for you. Congratulations. Unfortunately for me, I may tick a lot of the boxes (late 20s, 8 years uninterrupted stay in singapore, undergrad done here, stable job in financial services) except the only that matters most (nationality = indian).

D_S

Post by D_S » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 2:14 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for a short string!

D_S

Post by D_S » Mon, 02 Jul 2018 11:37 am

Closing the loop here, after a 9 and a half month wait, got my application approved over last weekend.
Goodluck to all!

rajsingapore

Post by rajsingapore » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 5:39 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I was checking for average processing time for PR on internet and is very happy to find this website. I had filed my application for PR in early Nov 2017 and it is still showing as pending on ICA website. My brief profile is as under:

Indian completed my Chartered Accountancy in India
Banking professional with 12+ years of finance experience
Working for a same bank in Singapore on EP since Dec 2014
Applied with my wife (who is a Chartered Accountant) and my 9 year old son
Salary: 150k+ p.a.

While i know there are no set guidelines for the approval/rejection, and may be I belong to one of the less preferred races, it would give me some mental comfort if the experienced members of this forum can advise on my waiting time and my chances of getting approved.

Many thanks in advance for your advise/suggestions.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:22 am

Slim. Keep Plan B in mind.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers