Singapore Expats

Can I re enter singapore from Johor Bahru after my 30 days SVP expired?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Jimmy3238

Can I re enter singapore from Johor Bahru after my 30 days SVP expired?

Post by Jimmy3238 » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 9:08 pm

Hi,
I would like to know if I am holding a Social Visit Pass and my due date will be on 5th Feb 2018 (30days granted) can I do a U-Turn in Johor Bahru on the same day and get a New Social Visit Pass for another 30 days? I am finding job in Singapore and got an offer for E pass, but it took 3 weeks for approval and my pass is expiring soon. I only will receive news from MOM on next week. Please help me on this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Can I re enter singapore from Johor Bahru after my 30 days SVP expired?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 9:48 pm

Jimmy3238 wrote:Hi,
I would like to know if I am holding a Social Visit Pass and my due date will be on 5th Feb 2018 (30days granted) can I do a U-Turn in Johor Bahru on the same day and get a New Social Visit Pass for another 30 days? I am finding job in Singapore and got an offer for E pass, but it took 3 weeks for approval and my pass is expiring soon. I only will receive news from MOM on next week. Please help me on this...Image

Sure you can. But you will probably be stopped at the border when you try to come back in. You will need to leave the country for at least 5 days, else you could find yourself banned for 6 to 12 months. If the SVP you are on, is one granted by the MOM upon leaving an employer here in Singapore you will have to exit and return to your home country before you can return (over 5 days later).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Jimmy3238

Post by Jimmy3238 » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 9:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Jimmy3238 wrote:Hi,
I would like to know if I am holding a Social Visit Pass and my due date will be on 5th Feb 2018 (30days granted) can I do a U-Turn in Johor Bahru on the same day and get a New Social Visit Pass for another 30 days? I am finding job in Singapore and got an offer for E pass, but it took 3 weeks for approval and my pass is expiring soon. I only will receive news from MOM on next week. Please help me on this...Image

Sure you can. But you will probably be stopped at the border when you try to come back in. You will need to leave the country for at least 5 days, else you could find yourself banned for 6 to 12 months. If the SVP you are on, is one granted by the MOM upon leaving an employer here in Singapore you will have to exit and return to your home country before you can return (over 5 days later).
Thanks for replying!

My current SVP is not issued by MOM, is just a normal SVP. The issued SVP from MOM is just for 7 days and I actually went back Malaysia and come back in after a week to get my current SVP for 30 days.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 9:55 pm

If you go to Malaysia again, it will raise eyebrows and you may or may not get 30 days on your next entry, 5 days out of the country or not. They are wise to most of the ploys here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 10:32 pm

If you are in Singapore, go somewhere else. Take a few days over at Batam. Can't guarantee the outcome will be different, and, a lot of people go there for a few days holiday.

Jfgz

Post by Jfgz » Sat, 09 Jun 2018 9:04 pm

Hi. May I ask the update of your plan to enter Singapore again?
Have you manage to get pass through the Immigration?