Singapore Expats

Worry about going back to SG 3rd time this year

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
worrylad29

Worry about going back to SG 3rd time this year

Post by worrylad29 » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 5:08 pm

Hello Guys,

It is my first time here and I loving the community already. I am from the Philippines and I have been travelling for the past 6 months now. Going in and out of the country. I've been visiting Singapore 2 times this year because my relatives is there and they are like my parents already because they are the ones that took care and sends me to school until I graduate. I stayed there 30 days per SVP and we lodged an online Xtend but was denied 2 times, the reason being is that we are not an immediate family. I am back here in the Philippines and I am thinking of going back again because I want to stay with my family. I have very good online business that takes care me so I am not looking for work in Singapore. Upon reading the comments, What are the chances that I will be offloaded or Refused entry in Singapore?

Do you know what are the requirements do I need to show them in order for me to validate my claims.
I am just very worried that if attempted to go back and banned that will jeopardise my ongoing application for permanent residence in Australia. :???:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Worry about going back to SG 3rd time this year

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 6:09 pm

Good luck. You are going to need it.

I'd say you were lucky the 2nd time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 7:08 pm

Being banned in Singapore should not cause problems for your PR in Australia.

If you can support yourself with entreneurial activities why not look into the new visa for online folk in Singaproe?

https://e27.co/singapores-entrepass-vis ... -20171220/
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

worrylad29

Post by worrylad29 » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 8:07 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Good luck. You are going to need it.

I'd say you were lucky the 2nd time.
Yeah, The immigration is really cut throat. When it comes to entering Singapore. I want to do it in a legal way so that I don’t have to worry about going back. The best bet is to study there.

worrylad29

Post by worrylad29 » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 8:09 am

PNGMK wrote:Being banned in Singapore should not cause problems for your PR in Australia.

If you can support yourself with entreneurial activities why not look into the new visa for online folk in Singaproe?

https://e27.co/singapores-entrepass-vis ... -20171220/
Thanks for the information however the Entrepass doesnt allow businesses like coffeeshop or small medium enterprises because you would take that away from the locals.