Singapore Expats

Forgot FIN number - need help!

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Forgot FIN number - need help!

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 11 Sep 2017 8:41 pm

cuonglv wrote: Alzs
Now I feel stress like you before, I have only 1 choice to apply visa to oversea, and wil be fail without COC
I am hopefully not making it worse but ... Is it SPF fault? Image

In retrospect, that is why I email myself a copy of important documents for safe keeping....

And don't anyhow throw away old documents...

Mmouse795

Post by Mmouse795 » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 7:15 pm

Hi I have same problem that I don't have the FIN to apply COC. I studied in Singapore in 1995 which was 23 years ago which I don't have the copy of the pass anymore. I contacted school and they said the record was no longer available after 5 years.
Does anyone have latest experience to share on this issue solved?

cuonglv

Post by cuonglv » Tue, 20 Mar 2018 8:26 am

hi Mmouse795
I don't know why US imigration need your COC after 23 years. AU imigaration don't need COC after 10 years .
In my case , when I came to my school in person , they tell me my FIN number ( before that I email to them and they said they didn't keep my information after 5 years )
I think you should go to Singapore police force in person to request but am not sure in success

nuddle

Post by nuddle » Wed, 30 May 2018 4:44 pm

cuonglv wrote:hi Mmouse795
I don't know why US imigration need your COC after 23 years. AU imigaration don't need COC after 10 years .
In my case , when I came to my school in person , they tell me my FIN number ( before that I email to them and they said they didn't keep my information after 5 years )
I think you should go to Singapore police force in person to request but am not sure in success
Where did you find that information that AU immigration doesnt require it after 10 years? I am currently searching frantically for my FIN from 1991 due to needing the COC for AU immigration

nuddle

Post by nuddle » Wed, 30 May 2018 4:44 pm

Mmouse795 wrote:Hi I have same problem that I don't have the FIN to apply COC. I studied in Singapore in 1995 which was 23 years ago which I don't have the copy of the pass anymore. I contacted school and they said the record was no longer available after 5 years.
Does anyone have latest experience to share on this issue solved?
That is where I am too, if you have any success, please share, and I will do the same

Mmouse795

Post by Mmouse795 » Wed, 30 May 2018 6:46 pm

My husband called to SPF and explained my situation. They asked my husband to email the explanation, they said it would be forwarded to the supervisor. 3 days later after the email, we received a reply and I was asked to send the required document and bank draft. After they received my documents, they emailed application receipt and a few days later, I received email of approved application. Then it took 3 weeks for me to receive the COC that sent through air mail.

It's tough but good luck.

nuddle

Post by nuddle » Wed, 30 May 2018 7:21 pm

Good to know, I emailed the police, and was told they cant help without the FIN, will try again

nuddle

Post by nuddle » Thu, 18 Jul 2019 4:49 pm

Wrong message, unable to delete