Singapore Expats

Epl Hair removal treatment

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
isabelle18

Epl Hair removal treatment

Post by isabelle18 » Sat, 01 Oct 2016 11:23 pm

Hi There

wanted to check where have a totally painless hair removal treatment in sg? :D :D

Sarah85

Re: Epl Hair removal treatment

Post by Sarah85 » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 5:44 am

I prefer to use mechanic epl, after all treatments I have dermal irritation :(

LittleWanderer613

Post by LittleWanderer613 » Fri, 25 Nov 2016 8:03 am

I suggest that you opt for laser hair removal -- it's practically painless and the effects are permanent. I believe it depends on how hairy an area is, but 3-4 sessions is the norm, I think.

There are a lot of clinics in SG that does this for sure, you just have to find one with lots of positive reviews. Best be safe if you're gonna trust someone with a laser :)

aliceterr

Post by aliceterr » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 3:07 pm

Thanks for sharing!

taroyam

Post by taroyam » Wed, 23 May 2018 4:56 pm

Not sure about EPL but i do know IPL hair removal HAHA
Bugis haji lane got a beauty salon called J studios that does IPL hair removal and waxing, i only did waxing and facials there not bad???
Apparently a french inspired salon but the price quite ok wor

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Jun 2018 12:41 pm

different vowels?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Pennykee

Post by Pennykee » Mon, 25 Jun 2018 2:11 pm

nataliechew1405 wrote:what is the diff between epl and ipl?
Not sure about what is EPL but IPL stands for Intense pulsed light (IPL) is a technology to perform various skin treatments, including hair removal.

richardcharles

Post by richardcharles » Sun, 22 Jul 2018 1:42 pm

IPL’s are NOT lasers. The machines produce a broad spectrum of wavelengths (like a light bulb) and cannot be focused to a concentrated beam. Because a range of different wavelengths are dispersed at a variety of depths only some of these will be effective for hair reduction.

A more shallow penetration in comparison to laser means that deeper, thicker hairs are not treated effectively. In addition, some of the light can be absorbed into the surrounding tissue as well, leading to heating of the pigment in the skin. This is why there is more of a risk of burns for a darker skin type.

Laser machines create more heat directed at the hair follicle than IPL systems, hence achieving better results. Because the heat is absorbed by the follicle, and not the skin, there is a decreased risk of burning when using Laser machines. This also makes Laser a safer option for darker skinned individuals.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:33 am

And you are posting all this "helpful" information to a Singapore expat board from the Ukraine because...???

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Jul 2018 9:46 am

:-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 16 Jan 2021 2:52 pm

i’ve tried IPL before and it didn’t work for me. Was quite expensive as well. I ended up going to get my hair lasered which I found to be much more effective because I no longer need to shave or use hair removal cream the way I used to. Once the hair fell out it never grew back, unlike my experience with IPL. I will say that it does work for some people, just maybe not for me because I guess it differs depending on the coarseness and texture of the hair.

curiousbillu

Post by curiousbillu » Tue, 19 Jan 2021 9:23 am

Lisafuller wrote:i’ve tried IPL before and it didn’t work for me. Was quite expensive as well. I ended up going to get my hair lasered which I found to be much more effective because I no longer need to shave or use hair removal cream the way I used to. Once the hair fell out it never grew back, unlike my experience with IPL. I will say that it does work for some people, just maybe not for me because I guess it differs depending on the coarseness and texture of the hair.
[mention]Lisafuller [/mention] May i know where u got the laser treatments done and the price range? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk