Singapore Expats

SVP for partner

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Roux

SVP for partner

Post by Roux » Tue, 22 May 2018 10:20 am

Hi,

I'm in need of some advice on SVP for my partner, I've read through ICA website as well as trawled through similar topics but there are still questions that's unanswered and believe ICA would not give me a direct answer.

Some background, I'm 28, a Singaporean. My partner is 21, a PRC national. Both female.

I'm intending for her to visit Singapore during her term holidays. I've sort of planned for her holidays here to be:
July - Aug (60 days)
October (7 days)
January (20days)
February (13 days)

Before to repeat a similar cycle from next year July onwards again.

I understand that there are some tinted views from immigration officers in regards to young girls from China. Hence, I would prepare for her to always be equipped with sufficient funds on hand, a return ticket all the time (and maybe a ticket with SIA? Does that help? :-k ), deck her in branded clothing and accessories and maybe brush up on her English proficiency?? Okay.. I'm a little desperate or simply say at my wit ends...

We would be staying in a Serviced Apartment to hopefully show some expenditure in Singapore, which I hope they don't read it as otherwise for some call girls :roll:

1) Would this affect her future chances of say having a WP, and eventually S-Pass in future?
2) I understand about some visa-runs issues going on, hence, do not intend to visit any nearby places as we do not want to be misunderstood on that. Would this affect her approval chances on future SVP?
3) I came across a topic on how civil unions do get the green light discreetly... But since it won't be from our home country, does it matter if we do get married or have a civil union in a foreign country, would she be able to have some sort of dependent pass?
4) One last administrative issue. Do I write in 60 days in the application despite not knowing if her extension would be approved?

Thank you in advance for any advice given. :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: SVP for partner

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 22 May 2018 11:52 am

You'll never get a same sex union approved with you in it as a Singaporean. Your best chance is for your gf to find a job and get an EP. Alternatively find a school and get her a students pass.

Forget the expensive branded shit and Serviced Apartment. Your friend has as much chance staying here as a backpacker as an expensive whore (because that's what she'd look like).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 May 2018 12:27 pm

I don't mean to be harsh, but sometimes you need the straight skinny up front. See my comments in Blue
Roux wrote:Hi,

I'm in need of some advice on SVP for my partner, I've read through ICA website as well as trawled through similar topics but there are still questions that's unanswered and believe ICA would not give me a direct answer.

Some background, I'm 28, a Singaporean. My partner is 21, a PRC national. Both female.

I'm intending for her to visit Singapore during her term holidays. I've sort of planned for her holidays here to be:
July - Aug (60 days) Has she been here before? Even so, the odds of getting an extension after 30 days will be slim at best.
October (7 days) If she gets past the first 60 days (with luck) and manages to get in during October, she will be lucky. She may get turned around at immigration or she may get very lucky. If she isn't coming here to work, and she was here for two months earlier in the year, she will be looked at as a working girl. If you dress her up and brush up her English, she will still look like a "working girl" albeit possibly a more successful one. It will be just about a guarantee she will not get another one in January, or she gets banned for 6 months to a year or more.
January (20days)
February (13 days)

Before to repeat a similar cycle from next year July onwards again. This won't happen as the game will be up long before then.

I understand that there are some tinted views from immigration officers in regards to young girls from China. Hence, I would prepare for her to always be equipped with sufficient funds on hand, a return ticket all the time (and maybe a ticket with SIA? Does that help? :-k ), deck her in branded clothing and accessories and maybe brush up on her English proficiency?? Okay.. I'm a little desperate or simply say at my wit ends...

That would only make her look like a successful 'working girl'.

We would be staying in a Serviced Apartment to hopefully show some expenditure in Singapore, which I hope they don't read it as otherwise for some call girls :roll:
If you decked her out and put her in a Serviced Apartment for 2 months, what do you think Immigration Officers would think? I'd think the same thing. High-end call girl. And the alternative? Tell them she is in a lesbian relationship with a local? Either way, die-die. It's not about spending money. You already are very aware how the government looks at things like Pink Dot, etc., etc.

1) Would this affect her future chances of say having a WP, and eventually S-Pass in future?
Unknown, but always a possibility if she gets banned from returning.

2) I understand about some visa-runs issues going on, hence, do not intend to visit any nearby places as we do not want to be misunderstood on that. Would this affect her approval chances on future SVP?
A visa run isn't necessarily a run across the border and back. It could also mean a flight home if you have no real logical reason to be returning to Singapore in such a short space of time (e.g., she's not working, She's been here long enough the first time to see everything worth seeing here at least 4 times in that trip.

3) I came across a topic on how civil unions do get the green light discreetly... But since it won't be from our home country, does it matter if we do get married or have a civil union in a foreign country, would she be able to have some sort of dependent pass?

Civil unions, if one is a Singapore citizen, will result in a situation that will end up if you want to stay together you will have to immigrate to her country. It's not legally allowed here for a Singaporean. Only in the cases of EP holders who are married in their home country which allows such marriages (where neither of the partners is Singaporean). That's is because they are not permanent here, nor would they every get PR or Citizenship here either.
4) One last administrative issue. Do I write in 60 days in the application despite not knowing if her extension would be approved?

You can probably write any number you want, truth be known, as the odds of it getting extended past 30 days are slim due to the prevalence of 'working girls' from the PRC. There is absolutely no way you would need to extend a "Tourist" Visa beyond 30 days unless she was waiting on a Work Pass approval application, or working illegally. And you surely cannot tell them she is shacking up with a local girl which as you know, in Singapore is viewed probably worse than a 'working girl'. I know it's harsh but it is the reality of the situation in parochial Singapore.

Thank you in advance for any advice given. :)
Again, please don't take offense. I'm known for being blunt and straight up.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Roux

Post by Roux » Tue, 22 May 2018 12:39 pm

Dear SMS,

I'm really grateful for your detailed reply. Yes, I do understand the Gov views on pink dot and so on, and have no intention in breaking any laws here especially if its going to be detrimental for our future. Just a last ditch attempt..

I did came across a thread while reviewing, speaks of a Filipino student residing in Indonesia making frequent trips to Singapore, staying 30 days or so each time. Honestly, her description is just about that of my partner. Save that she's a Chinese student. Barring the fact that we're in a r/s (and its not as if we are about to declare out proudly in the forms...), would that be any better in this case? Or even with a local deposit?

The supposed thread: viewtopic.php?t=109636

Ooops sorry. I went back to re-read the thread, and realised the girl only stayed about 11 days or so.

Even so, thank you for replying :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 22 May 2018 12:52 pm

You will find is easier to go to China.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Roux

Post by Roux » Tue, 22 May 2018 12:55 pm

PNGMK wrote:You will find is easier to go to China.
Thank you :)

That's part of our game plan too if there's really not much we can do here.