Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wildxlupine

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by wildxlupine » Tue, 15 May 2018 4:52 pm

Hi, is anyone here starting training on 4th June?

veravera

Post by veravera » Tue, 15 May 2018 5:02 pm

Hi! Anyone training starts on 19 June? Would love to meet some friends over here first lmao. :D

EssenceofMind

Post by EssenceofMind » Tue, 15 May 2018 7:40 pm

veravera wrote:Hi! Anyone training starts on 19 June? Would love to meet some friends over here first lmao. :D
When did you go for the interview?

EssenceofMind

Post by EssenceofMind » Tue, 15 May 2018 7:41 pm

wildxlupine wrote:Hi, is anyone here starting training on 4th June?
When did you go for your interview?

rainbowskies

Post by rainbowskies » Tue, 15 May 2018 7:43 pm

Is anyone starting on 25th May???? Next week :D Does anyone need a housemate?? LOL

wildxlupine

Post by wildxlupine » Tue, 15 May 2018 8:59 pm

EssenceofMind wrote:
wildxlupine wrote:Hi, is anyone here starting training on 4th June?
When did you go for your interview?
Hello! I went for the walk-in interview on 10th March. KIV for 2 months due to pimples :o Went back for the review on 6th May, medical on 7th May, and finally received the text today to call M :)

Mandyyyy

Post by Mandyyyy » Tue, 15 May 2018 11:59 pm

Hello, does anyone on KIV or going for Aptis test from interview on 6 may at Suntec? Do you have news on the review date?

veravera

Post by veravera » Wed, 16 May 2018 8:30 am

EssenceofMind wrote:
veravera wrote:Hi! Anyone training starts on 19 June? Would love to meet some friends over here first lmao. :D
When did you go for the interview?
Hello!
Interview date: 7 April
KIV review date: 6 may
Medical: 7 may
Submit document: 9 may
Golden text to call Mary: 15 may!

I need one month notice.

Liyh3991

Post by Liyh3991 » Thu, 17 May 2018 4:15 pm

Hi everyone

I went for walk in at suntec on 6 May and cleared all the interview rounds but was put on KIV because of my bmi. Have to lose 5kgs then they’ll call me for review but they didn’t state when. I’m almost there with my weight loss. Just like to ask if anyone knows how long will they take to inform us to go back for the review? Thanks!!

tannynnat

Post by tannynnat » Sat, 19 May 2018 1:13 pm

I went for the interview for 6 times and with sheer determination I made it and since Silk Air and Singapore airlines is merging, it would be advisable to join now since they are recruiting 2 times a month.

I tried the interview ever since late April 2017 and I made it in March 2018. I got KIV coz of my weight, the lady at the Kebaya stage was very nice and courteous when she was talking to me so I was lucky. I was told to lose 3kg and they gave me about 3 months to lose 3kg. They also mentioned that it should be done healthily because they can see if you did not lose your weight in a healthy way.

So 6 May 2018 I went for my review and I got through. Please be very courteous and think before you talk during the kebaya round because the ladies who are checking you can be quite stern and they will try to test your people and communication skills. Just remember to tell them you will do something about it and improve your condition with a certain kind of product and keep apologising to them until they are appeased hahaha. Remember to say thank you when u finish the check and greet them before they check u. I made it and I am quite average looking so looks don't really matter as a whole.

Just be confident and show them you are a good team player, don't try to outshine people and try to be a follower. They like people who follow instruction too so remember to tell them u will follow instructions if they test you on a scenario scene. They also look out for people who have good communication skills and good body language. Quiet confidence and a demure outlook are some of the traits they are looking for so work on your confidence and body posture.

I made it through my medical round too. I got the golden call on the 15th May 2018. My training will start during early June. Hahaha.

Luck plays a part, grooming is a form of respect and confidence is key. I think if u keep failing, just take some time to work on yourself and continue trying! Good Luck.

justarandomperson

Post by justarandomperson » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:15 pm

tannynnat wrote:I went for the interview for 6 times and with sheer determination I made it and since Silk Air and Singapore airlines is merging, it would be advisable to join now since they are recruiting 2 times a month.

I tried the interview ever since late April 2017 and I made it in March 2018. I got KIV coz of my weight, the lady at the Kebaya stage was very nice and courteous when she was talking to me so I was lucky. I was told to lose 3kg and they gave me about 3 months to lose 3kg. They also mentioned that it should be done healthily because they can see if you did not lose your weight in a healthy way.

So 6 May 2018 I went for my review and I got through. Please be very courteous and think before you talk during the kebaya round because the ladies who are checking you can be quite stern and they will try to test your people and communication skills. Just remember to tell them you will do something about it and improve your condition with a certain kind of product and keep apologising to them until they are appeased hahaha. Remember to say thank you when u finish the check and greet them before they check u. I made it and I am quite average looking so looks don't really matter as a whole.

Just be confident and show them you are a good team player, don't try to outshine people and try to be a follower. They like people who follow instruction too so remember to tell them u will follow instructions if they test you on a scenario scene. They also look out for people who have good communication skills and good body language. Quiet confidence and a demure outlook are some of the traits they are looking for so work on your confidence and body posture.

I made it through my medical round too. I got the golden call on the 15th May 2018. My training will start during early June. Hahaha.

Luck plays a part, grooming is a form of respect and confidence is key. I think if u keep failing, just take some time to work on yourself and continue trying! Good Luck.
May I know what day did you go for the medical? I went for the 9th may medical (wednesday) and got called up Thursyda morning (10th may) for a remeasure of my blood pressure haha (115 was what i clocked compared to wed's 130 where the nurses said i was just too nervous). I havent got the text yet to call Mary, and i still have cert pending to be submitted to STC. I'm so worried and am wondering when will they text me! When was ur medical, and do u have any friends who went for the 9th/10th may medical?

justarandomperson

Post by justarandomperson » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:17 pm

Liyh3991 wrote:Hi everyone

I went for walk in at suntec on 6 May and cleared all the interview rounds but was put on KIV because of my bmi. Have to lose 5kgs then they’ll call me for review but they didn’t state when. I’m almost there with my weight loss. Just like to ask if anyone knows how long will they take to inform us to go back for the review? Thanks!!
Hi, u might need to email them with regards to ur CC review, their email address is: [email protected] all the best!

justarandomperson

Post by justarandomperson » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:17 pm

Liyh3991 wrote:Hi everyone

U might need to email them at [email protected]

tannynnat

Post by tannynnat » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:26 pm

justarandomperson wrote:
tannynnat wrote:I went for the interview for 6 times and with sheer determination I made it and since Silk Air and Singapore airlines is merging, it would be advisable to join now since they are recruiting 2 times a month.

May I know what day did you go for the medical? I went for the 9th may medical (wednesday) and got called up Thursyda morning (10th may) for a remeasure of my blood pressure haha (115 was what i clocked compared to wed's 130 where the nurses said i was just too nervous). I havent got the text yet to call Mary, and i still have cert pending to be submitted to STC. I'm so worried and am wondering when will they text me! When was ur medical, and do u have any friends who went for the 9th/10th may medical?
I went for my medical on the 7th May 2018, mine was quite fast even though I came at 3pm. It really matters when you tell them your availability for training and I told them I was able to start training as soon as possible. Maybe you can give them a week or so to contact you?

justarandomperson

Post by justarandomperson » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:30 pm

tannynnat wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:

I went for my medical on the 7th May 2018, mine was quite fast even though I came at 3pm. It really matters when you tell them your availability for training and I told them I was able to start training as soon as possible. Maybe you can give them a week or so to contact you?
Yeah the medical process was fast! They didnt call u for 2nd x ray or what nots right? Ah i've been so worried all week! Oh u said u could start asap? I see, i told them only june then i could start! or rather 1 month's notice or something like that. Yeah i guess so since i did do my medical late last week! I'll just continue to wait then. It seems like those who went for the 7th may medical, got the call on the 15th! I dont know anyone who went for the 9th/10th may medical so im super nervous about my results :(