Singapore Expats

Company sponsorship for PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zhaobudao

Company sponsorship for PR application

Post by zhaobudao » Fri, 18 May 2018 11:08 pm

Hello.

First of all I want to thank this forum for all the useful information, insights and tips on the (in)famous PR application. During this months I have been a silent but avid reader. I am writing about a question that I seem to find no answer to anywhere on the net.

Please don't scold me if it has already been asked and answered in the past ☺️ I really couldn't find any previous post about it!

ICA is always stressing on the fact that Annex 2A is NOT a company sponsorship or endorsement, but just a statement. But then... how does this company sponsorship work? Is it even possible? As far as I can see from the eApplication website, the only available sponsorship scheme is that offered through a spouse or relative.

Did I miss something?

Thanks a lot to those who will reply and enlighten me :D .

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Company sponsorship for PR application

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:36 am

It's not a sponsorship at all, but it is proof that you have a viable job, which, in their eyes, is rather important. After all, they don't want to give you Permanent Residence if you are going to be a ward of the state! As long as you can provide your last 6 month's salary vouchers if and when they ask for them, that will be sufficient. When I first came here is was required that the Annex A was filed and signed by the employers. But what was happening was the Employers were starting to refuse to fill them out and sign & chop them because they knew that as soon as the employee got their PR they would, in all probability, resign or just quit. I've been in HR for around 25 years now, here in Singapore and I'll agree as I've seen it happen all too often.

Where you hear the term Company Sponsored is usually with an LTVP for a common law/de facto spouse, where they cannot get a Dependent's Pass because there is no legal relationship. then ICA will require sponsorship for that person.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zhaobudao

Re: Company sponsorship for PR application

Post by zhaobudao » Mon, 21 May 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks a lot for the clarification! :wink: