Singapore Expats

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
phamtieugiao

Re: PR Pending

Post by phamtieugiao » Tue, 15 May 2018 5:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:^^^This!

Always have a Plan B and the knowledge that it might not be approved. Then go on about your life as per normal. If at some point in the future they should send you a letter saying you have been given an IPA. Then celebrate OR turn it down.

But don't let it rule your lives (which is what most on here sound like). If you get a rejection 3mos down the road, be thankful. Even at 6 or 9 months, if rejected, be thankful. There are a lot of souls on here who have not heard anything for 18 months and were then rejected. Also, we have had them here for 18 months and were eventually accepted (I think the longest was 22 or 23 months). So all the comparing of profiles, schools, mothers & fathers, siblings, age, volunteering, and having babies may or may not make a difference, neither does the date you apply or how you hold your mouth when you click the enter button to upload your application. You are judged individually and only your basic profiles are being used. The point system they use is not public knowledge and we try our best to see trends here but we don't make estimates, except in the broadest sense, on one's chances as we know squat about each poster, generally speaking. Also the government uses a moving set of goalposts all the time depending on what the government feels the need more of at any given time.
^ cannot agree more. One of the facts is that salary for EP and DP is getting more and more insane. We, non-PRs, should find a way to get out of Singapore ASAP.

Katzai1484

Post by Katzai1484 » Wed, 16 May 2018 7:51 pm

LiuPeng wrote:Hi to all, I obtained the local PhD degree at the end of 2016, and started working as a research fellow in the university since then. I submitted my PR application at the end of September 2017, and it is still pending now. May I know how long in average it takes to proceed? Anyone applied in Sep 2017 got news? Thanks!
I've submited my pr application on ealry july 2017 until now still pending.

firevn

Post by firevn » Fri, 18 May 2018 4:14 pm

Hi All,
I would like to seek some advice. My profile as below:
Race : Chinese
Nationality: Indonesian
Education Background: B.Eng (Civil Engineering) from Indonesia University
Monthly Salary : 3.2k
Work Pass : S Pass

I have been working in Singapore since Dec 2014. I have applied PR back then on May 2017 and been rejected two months later.
I want to know how is the chance if I’m re-apply again? Me and my boyfriend have plan to marriage on this year, want to know if it’s better to re-apply under sponsor of spouse.

My BF profile:
Nationality: Malaysian
Monthly Salary: 4.1k
PR : been 1 year plus since approved

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 18 May 2018 5:22 pm

firevn wrote:Hi All,

I have been working in Singapore since Dec 2014. I have applied PR back then on May 2017 and been rejected two months later.
I want to know how is the chance if I’m re-apply again? Me and my boyfriend have plan to marriage on this year, want to know if it’s better to re-apply under sponsor of spouse.

My BF profile:
Your BF's salary might not be good enough to sponsor you for PR after marriage. Also, it is recommended to wait atleast 2 years after marriage before he can sponsor you.

firevn

Post by firevn » Fri, 18 May 2018 6:05 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
firevn wrote:Hi All,

My BF profile:
Your BF's salary might not be good enough to sponsor you for PR after marriage. Also, it is recommended to wait atleast 2 years after marriage before he can sponsor you.
Thank you for the reply :). May i know any minimum salary to qualified for being a sponsor? How is the chance if i’m re-apply again. Any advice...

Raenie

Post by Raenie » Wed, 30 May 2018 3:45 pm

I am indonesian chinese and holding LTVP. I just found a job but i am still waiting for LOC approval. My husband is singaporean. I dont have kid yet because we are waiting for PR to buy own HDB first before have kid. First time applied my PR application got rejected. Second application submitted on 26 Dec 2016. The status of my PR is still pending for 1 year 5 months. Anyone know why pending so long time?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 May 2018 12:51 pm

Probably waiting to see if you are going to have a child or not. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sun, 10 Jun 2018 1:49 pm

Just checked online and its approved .. Thanks for all support

ciaobabe

Post by ciaobabe » Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:07 pm

Just wondering anyone who have submitted on Oct'17 and got their result?

honeycarey

Post by honeycarey » Mon, 11 Jun 2018 5:43 pm

Hi guys,

I'm new here. My application for PR was in Nov 2017, until today it's still pending. It's about almost 7 months now. I'm surely hoping it's good news..

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 1:59 pm

ciaobabe wrote:Just wondering anyone who have submitted on Oct'17 and got their result?
i did submit on early oct17 and got approved. dont worry yours will be approved soon in these few days/weeks.. trust me..

ciaobabe

Post by ciaobabe » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 3:23 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:
ciaobabe wrote:Just wondering anyone who have submitted on Oct'17 and got their result?
i did submit on early oct17 and got approved. dont worry yours will be approved soon in these few days/weeks.. trust me..
Congratulations! I have a friend who is same batch with me but got rejected in recently, i'm getting a bit nervous now since it has been pending for almost 8 months.

honeycarey

Post by honeycarey » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 5:17 pm

ciaobabe wrote: Congratulations! I have a friend who is same batch with me but got rejected in recently, i'm getting a bit nervous now since it has been pending for almost 8 months.
Your friend who got rejected - was he/she Malaysian and have an EP?

ciaobabe

Post by ciaobabe » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 7:42 pm

Your friend who got rejected - was he/she Malaysian and have an EP?[/quote]

Yes,a middle twenties Malaysian female with EP and been working here for three years

honeycarey

Post by honeycarey » Wed, 13 Jun 2018 8:04 pm

ciaobabe wrote: Yes,a middle twenties Malaysian female with EP and been working here for three years
Oh damn...........and we keep thinking Malaysian Chinese got 90% chance of approval.

All the best to you though, lean towards the positive. I'm anxious for mine too!