Singapore Expats

Anyone in spectacles/ in optics line? Help.. I need help on my new specs..

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Anyone in spectacles/ in optics line? Help.. I need help on my new specs..

Post by shiranaihito » Tue, 08 May 2018 9:12 am

Anyone in spectacles/ in optics line?

Help.. I need help on my new spectacles. Initialy, I feel eye strained whenever I wear it. The optician told me that I will experience such in the first  2 weeks for new spectacles. But I never encounter such for my previous spectacles.

Though I had it changed but feel little eye strain.... this time the optician already minus off 50degree from intial prescription (initial100R, 150L)

I told him about my discomfort, realised my right eye vision is 40% blur than my left eye aft trying on the spectacles w adjusted lens. He said cannot minus off different degrees or else the eye strain will be even worse. I find it doesnt make sense, asked him both of my eyes' current degrees arent the same so why will the eye strain happens again if adjusted to the right degrees for each eye but he & his staff told me that increasing or decreasing of degrees for both eyes must be the same to prevent the eye strain scenario accordingly to the optics practice.