Singapore Expats

Employment Pass - Tuberculosis

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Employment Pass - Tuberculosis

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 25 Apr 2018 7:36 am

Loner11 wrote:Hi!

Could someone tell me if MOM will consider me for employment pass if i have lung scar. But it is not from tuberculosis. If i will show certificates from my doctor and proof that i am negative from tuberculosis.

Thank you!
Get a quantiferon test to support, to show you don’t have latent TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Employment Pass - lung scar

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:08 am

Loner11 wrote:Hi!

Could someone tell me if MOM will consider me for employment pass if i have lung scar. But it is not from tuberculosis. If i will show certificates from my doctor and proof that i am negative from tuberculosis.

Thank you!
How did you get the lung scar?

blackrose14

Post by blackrose14 » Sun, 18 Nov 2018 8:53 pm

Lananh wrote:Hi All,

I had been studying in Singapore for almost 3 years and i got a job offer here. My s-pass application was approved by MOM, then i went for medical check-up and found out that i have active TB. I got the letter of undergoing TB treatment from government hospital in order to submit to MOM, they may accept my application ( i have undergone 1 month treatment already). However, the company didnt want to hire me so they withdrew my s-pass application.

Then i went to MOM to ask if the company submits my s-pass application together with the letter of undergoing treatment, will MOM grant me the pass. the customer service told me that they will reject me, as i need to be fully cured.

Now another company offers me a job. So if the second company accepts my condition, will MOM approve my S-pass application, providing the letter that i am undergoing TB treatment? I am so confused, Doctors said that i am allowed to work with the letter, but the customer service in MOM told me i will be rejected.

Anyone know please advice me

Thanks so much.
May I know what happened to you?

Sundaydevil

Post by Sundaydevil » Tue, 15 Oct 2019 8:17 pm

Can I ask for status updates pls - was ur ep approved in the end ?

Sri123

Post by Sri123 » Mon, 28 Oct 2019 12:30 am

AD Arthur wrote:
Sat, 24 Jun 2017 3:55 pm
Hello,

I got a job offer to work in Singapore but had in the past tuberculosis and it is slightly visible on the X Ray.

Will my EP application be rejected by MOM even if I'm declared by physicians with relevant supporting documents to be cleared from old TB?

Is it for sure rejected or I still have some chance to be accepted ?

Many thanks

Regards

A
If i had a old scar, shall i get a fit report

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Oct 2019 12:36 pm

Yes, it would be a good idea. And yes, you will also have to be check again by Singapore Doctors as well. But it one of those things one has to do if one wants to work here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sri123

Post by Sri123 » Mon, 28 Oct 2019 1:09 pm

For saudi, i rejected in medical due to old scar shown in x ray, in this case for singapore,, will i get fit or unfit report

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Oct 2019 4:18 pm

That is why they will check. If you tell them about it. They may request you get a check or may allow you to come anyway. But if you come and they find out you didn't report it and tried to hide it?...........
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 29 Oct 2019 8:08 am

I assume you have been treated for the past active TB?

If so, ask for an IGRA assay for latent TB. Negative results would show you do not carry TB and are not a risk to the general population (in terms of TB anyway).

Note - if you haven’t been treated for TB, then the IGRA test may be positive, showing you still carry TB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

OppoC2

Post by OppoC2 » Thu, 31 Oct 2019 5:24 am

Hello.. I'm from Malaysia and have been working in Singapore in 2004 but I quit my job without Cancelled My Work Permit... I Heard my friend say I have been blacklist... May I know how to check either I'm blacklist from entering Singapore 🙏🙏🙏

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 31 Oct 2019 9:35 am

OppoC2 wrote:
Thu, 31 Oct 2019 5:24 am
Hello.. I'm from Malaysia and have been working in Singapore in 2004 but I quit my job without Cancelled My Work Permit... I Heard my friend say I have been blacklist... May I know how to check either I'm blacklist from entering Singapore 🙏🙏🙏
Are you planning to enter again for work or on Social Visit?

jobfinder

Post by jobfinder » Fri, 19 May 2023 8:04 am

Hi. What is the update of your application with lung scar?