Singapore Expats

Help with US visa payment in Singapore (for reward)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
galatea

Help with US visa payment in Singapore (for reward)

Post by galatea » Thu, 12 Apr 2018 5:22 am

Hello.

I would be very grateful if you could help me with my problem. I am a foreign citizen (from Russian Federation) and I have business plans to visit Singapore. Part of my plan consists of applying to get USA visit visa (business visit) in Singapore US Embassy. In Russia the waiting period for an interview is about 5-6 months due to political situation. Singapore has a waiting period of 1 week.

My question is about visa fee payment. That payment has to be made from Singapore, so we need a proxy for that task. Is there someone who can help us for a reward? Or maybe there is a company that offers such services?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Help with US visa payment in Singapore (for reward)

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 12 Apr 2018 7:26 am

In my opinion this is close to being a form of money laundering. Considering the current sanctions any Americans offering to help need to be extremely cautious.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Sat, 14 Apr 2018 12:05 pm

As I recall there is no such requirement for being a local to pay.
You download the payment slip from their website, go to the post office and pay.
You can do that yourself.

Please check US Embassy website in Singapore, they have instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galatea

Post by galatea » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:44 pm

Maybe I phrased it badly at first. I apologize for that. This is not a scam, I just live in Russian Federation and was wondering if there is a way for me to pay the visa fee while I'm here (in Russia), so that I won't have to go to Singapore, pay it and wait several days for an interview. That way, I could wait in Russia and fly in when the date of the interview approaches.

In Russia the waiting period for an interview is close to a year now with no slots open. And US Embassy staff member on support line told me that the fee has to be paid in local currency, in Singapore. I wanted to know if there is, maybe, a company that already provides this type of services. Or if there's someone willing to help (for some compensation for the troubles, of course).

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:51 pm

Please read their directions for online payment at the US in Singapore embassy website.
I do not know if any foreign payment method would work, but you can try.
Besides, you can schedule interviews here couple of days in advance as well as do the payment only after the interview.

galatea

Post by galatea » Thu, 19 Apr 2018 1:36 am

JustSee, thank you for your responses! We tried contacting online support (on the phone) and one of the embassy staff members told us the payment has to be made in Singapore, in local currency. That there is no way to do that from Russia. Hence the motivation for this post. We would appreciate if someone could pay the visa fee with the money we send (we would also need the check to show at an interview). And a "thank you" fee for the troubles of course.

As far as we know, and as far as information on the website provides, it's not an option to pay fees after an interview. That would be great, but alas.

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Thu, 19 Apr 2018 1:43 pm

Well, from my personal experience, I scheduled an interview 2 days after I had a paid slip.

You'll have to stay here anyway, once for the interview and the second time to collect your passport - processing time is 3-5 business days if it is approved, so why not make a holiday out of it? You also will need to apply for a Singapore visa as you probably hold a Russian passport.

I remember last time I was there that people were asked to pay on the spot when the visa was approved and then come back and show the slip to the visa officer - no idea how that process works.

FYI, a question you will be asked is: "Why are you applying in Singapore and not in Russia?" - They don't see that very favorably though it depends on the officer.

Best of luck.