Singapore Expats

Employment Pass - Tuberculosis

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
AD Arthur

Employment Pass - Tuberculosis

Post by AD Arthur » Sat, 24 Jun 2017 3:55 pm

Hello,

I got a job offer to work in Singapore but had in the past tuberculosis and it is slightly visible on the X Ray.

Will my EP application be rejected by MOM even if I'm declared by physicians with relevant supporting documents to be cleared from old TB?

Is it for sure rejected or I still have some chance to be accepted ?

Many thanks

Regards

A

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Employment Pass - Tuberculosis

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 24 Jun 2017 6:21 pm

AD Arthur wrote:Hello,

I got a job offer to work in Singapore but had in the past tuberculosis and it is slightly visible on the X Ray.

Will my EP application be rejected by MOM even if I'm declared by physicians with relevant supporting documents to be cleared from old TB?

Is it for sure rejected or I still have some chance to be accepted ?

Many thanks

Regards

A
Do some search on this forum about this subject - there were posts about TB .. than rehashing it again ...

AD Arthur

Post by AD Arthur » Sat, 24 Jun 2017 7:38 pm

Searched already but previous posts don't treat this specific case - hence the post

FYI - the TB posts you are referring talk about the obvious case of active TB leading to rejection

Now the intent is to talk about different cases of non active TB where you have 3 sub-cases that other forums (incl. this one) on the web don't address at all and may interest the global web readership

a/never infected
b/old TB infection
c/people between 2 and 6 months of treatment

Possible answers:
a/ obvious, accepted
b/ not sure: a grey area, mis addressed compared to the nb of people potentially concerned
c/ idem

Many thanks all !

Regards

A

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 24 Jun 2017 8:32 pm

AD Arthur wrote: Now the intent is to talk about different cases of non active TB where you have 3 sub-cases that other forums (incl. this one) on the web don't address at all and may interest the global web readership

a/never infected
b/old TB infection
c/people between 2 and 6 months of treatment

Possible answers:
a/ obvious, accepted
b/ not sure: a grey area, mis addressed compared to the nb of people potentially concerned
c/ idem

Many thanks all !

Regards

A
if visible, expect rejection.

Which country are you from ? That May allow an appeal.

AD Arthur

Post by AD Arthur » Sun, 25 Jun 2017 1:59 am

Western European country but lived in CLMV for a while..
FYI: that's the mark of old TB scar on the x ray, not active TB. We can have the supporting documents from EU physicians attached in the EP as well as Singaporean clinic (Raffles Medical) validates that the x ray abnormalities are just old scar from TB, will it be enough to ponder their decision the favorable side? Sounds like probable, isn't it?

Regards

A

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 25 Jun 2017 3:07 pm

AD Arthur wrote:Western European country but lived in CLMV for a while..
FYI: that's the mark of old TB scar on the x ray, not active TB. We can have the supporting documents from EU physicians attached in the EP as well as Singaporean clinic (Raffles Medical) validates that the x ray abnormalities are just old scar from TB, will it be enough to ponder their decision the favorable side? Sounds like probable, isn't it?

Regards

A
CLMV ?

So far, From what I know, MOM reviews the medical reports.

I honestly don't know if they entertain appeals for cases like this anymore, especially with the recent scares!

thomasanoop76

Post by thomasanoop76 » Sun, 25 Jun 2017 4:04 pm

Logically speaking they should entertain an appeal if your case can be medically documented to be inactive. This could include sputum tests ( AFB smear), skin tests (Mantoux) , blood tests ( TB quantiferon) and then getting a recognized expert in the field delivering a report.... Lot of work; but can be done. Any medical expert will tell you that an old scar means nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 25 Jun 2017 5:02 pm

thomasanoop76 wrote:Logically speaking they should entertain an appeal if your case can be medically documented to be inactive. This could include sputum tests ( AFB smear), skin tests (Mantoux) , blood tests ( TB quantiferon) and then getting a recognized expert in the field delivering a report.... Lot of work; but can be done. Any medical expert will tell you that an old scar means nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Logically speaking, lot of stuff here are rigid, cast in stone. And Gov staff rarely entertain appeals when it comes to some subjects

But nothing stops one from trying.

Lananh

Post by Lananh » Fri, 13 Apr 2018 8:08 pm

Hi All,

I had been studying in Singapore for almost 3 years and i got a job offer here. My s-pass application was approved by MOM, then i went for medical check-up and found out that i have active TB. I got the letter of undergoing TB treatment from government hospital in order to submit to MOM, they may accept my application ( i have undergone 1 month treatment already). However, the company didnt want to hire me so they withdrew my s-pass application.

Then i went to MOM to ask if the company submits my s-pass application together with the letter of undergoing treatment, will MOM grant me the pass. the customer service told me that they will reject me, as i need to be fully cured.

Now another company offers me a job. So if the second company accepts my condition, will MOM approve my S-pass application, providing the letter that i am undergoing TB treatment? I am so confused, Doctors said that i am allowed to work with the letter, but the customer service in MOM told me i will be rejected.

Anyone know please advice me

Thanks so much.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 13 Apr 2018 8:34 pm

Lananh wrote:Hi All,

I had been studying in Singapore for almost 3 years and i got a job offer here. My s-pass application was approved by MOM, then i went for medical check-up and found out that i have active TB. I got the letter of undergoing TB treatment from government hospital in order to submit to MOM, they may accept my application ( i have undergone 1 month treatment already). However, the company didnt want to hire me so they withdrew my s-pass application.

Then i went to MOM to ask if the company submits my s-pass application together with the letter of undergoing treatment, will MOM grant me the pass. the customer service told me that they will reject me, as i need to be fully cured.

Now another company offers me a job. So if the second company accepts my condition, will MOM approve my S-pass application, providing the letter that i am undergoing TB treatment? I am so confused, Doctors said that i am allowed to work with the letter, but the customer service in MOM told me i will be rejected.

Thanks so much.
Doc is not MOM. MOM is not Doc. Different rule set. MOM no need to listen to doc. I doubt you'll get in.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 Apr 2018 9:49 pm

Lananh wrote:Hi All,

Thanks so much.
If you have active TB and undergoing treatment, your Pass issuance will be rejected.

Lananh

Post by Lananh » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:01 pm

Hi,

Doesnt MOM consider on a case by case basis. I mean i have been here for long time, i am not a new foreign employee who enters Singapore.

Thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 2:00 pm

Lananh wrote:Hi,

Doesnt MOM consider on a case by case basis. I mean i have been here for long time, i am not a new foreign employee who enters Singapore.

Thanks
If you are tuberclosis +ve, then your chances are Nil. That is their rule and they wont change that on a case to case basis.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 4:39 pm

Lananh wrote:Hi,

Thanks
http://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/sp ... 021701.htm
Singapore Government Press Release

Media Division, Ministry of Information and The Arts,

Those who are found to have active Tuberculosis or HIV infection will not be granted employment passes, long-term immigration passes or PR. This health requirement will further strengthen the control of communicable diseases like HIV infection and Tuberculosis in Singapore.

Loner11

Re: Employment Pass - lung scar

Post by Loner11 » Wed, 25 Apr 2018 7:33 am

Hi!

Could someone tell me if MOM will consider me for employment pass if i have lung scar. But it is not from tuberculosis. If i will show certificates from my doctor and proof that i am negative from tuberculosis.

Thank you!