Singapore Expats

Internal relocation for two British citizen, EP/SP Application Questions

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Lees18

Internal relocation for two British citizen, EP/SP Application Questions

Post by Lees18 » Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:03 pm

Hey Guys!

Me and my boyfriend have been offered roles from our current companies to relocate to Singapore and wanted to know of experiences with Visa approval/rejection rate!

My company wants to internally move my post out to Singapore and on an S Pass.

My boyfriend’s company has hired him on a contract basis as a consultant in London but want to move him out to Singapore to start a new team within the company.

We’ve both been working full time 2-3 Year’s in our roles and are both British under 25 years old.

I’ve read a lot of horror stories about job offers being made but then the VISA application not being approved, wanted to know whether you guys will think there’s going to be a lot of issues with us getting the VISA approved.

My company employs more than 40 people in the Singapore office and is split 70/30 local/expat.

My boyfriends company is a new company in Singapore (less then 2 Year’s old) with maybe 12-15 people currently 40/60 local/expat.

Would our ages, current company background do you think we stand a chance with our application process?

Both companies have maybe hired one or two other Expats this year at most.

Thanks!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Internal relocation for two British citizen, EP/SP Application Questions

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 15 Apr 2018 9:17 am

You'll be fine. Worse case own party might not get in and you'll need to live apart or break up or get married so one can use a DP.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Lees18

Post by Lees18 » Sun, 15 Apr 2018 5:22 pm

PNGMK wrote:You'll be fine. Worse case own party might not get in and you'll need to live apart or break up or get married so one can use a DP.
Thanks for the quick reply! If my boyfriends EP gets rejected can he apply again and get an S Pass? Just trying to think of all the possible outcomes! Thanks!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 15 Apr 2018 9:03 pm

Lees18 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:You'll be fine. Worse case own party might not get in and you'll need to live apart or break up or get married so one can use a DP.
Thanks for the quick reply! If my boyfriends EP gets rejected can he apply again and get an S Pass? Just trying to think of all the possible outcomes! Thanks!
I agree with PNGMK that you all will not have an issue... you all check all the right boxes.

If your BF thinks S Pass might be a reality, the EP application MUST have the "apply for S Pass as well" box checked. You cannot have a rejected EP application, then re-apply for a S-Pass. If your income is high enough, EP won't be an issue.