Singapore Expats

Did anyone get an inspection from MOM?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
kiroro9

Did anyone get an inspection from MOM?

Post by kiroro9 » Thu, 12 Apr 2018 2:40 am

Hi

I'm running a F&B outlet in Singapore. Recently received a letter from MOM that they will be coming for WorkRight inspection for our outlet. This is my first time to get such an inspection from the government. So I want to be prepared as far as I can. If any of you had this or similar kind inspection before, I would much like to hear your story.

Things I want to ask is;
- Govt officers look into what things mostly? and how detailed? Like will they go through all employees one by one including those not working on the day of their visit(maybe make a call?) and check how much they got paid & if paid on time...etc
- Would they focus on picking things up and want to fine us? or rather coming to educate us to do a business in compliance with employment act?
- How many days in advance will I get the notice of their visit? since the letter only states they will come between April & July...

Much appreciated if you have a story to share.
Cheers!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Did anyone get an inspection from MOM?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Apr 2018 2:18 pm

It's been a couple of years now so I don't remember quite what all they did look at but we had two inspectors and they looked at some of our records, pay vouchers, contracts, etc But we have always had all of our I's dotted and our T's crossed so we didn't have any issues at all. From what I've heard though if they find anything shady looking they will pull out all the stops and leave no stone unturned. However, as I said, this has been several years ago so I can't really say just how they are doing it today.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers