Singapore Expats

LTVP+ for returning Singaporean with foreign spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
erencie

LTVP+ for returning Singaporean with foreign spouse

Post by erencie » Sat, 24 Mar 2018 11:30 am

I am a Singaporean who've been working overseas for many years. Recently I received a nice job in Singapore and decided to go back. But my husband is a foreigner from a country that needs visa to enter Singapore. When I checked the ICA website about the procedure of applying the Singaporean's foreign spouse's LTVP visa (Long-term Visit Pass), I feel that it is specially designed for those who are already staying in Singapore, not for a couple that returns from overseas. For example, the CPF contribution, the employment letter, of the Singaporean partner etc. But I only have a job offer in Singapore.

I am wondering:

My husband and I are always together. Is it possible for me to apply LTVP for him before we enter Singapore (and of course before my start date of the new job in Sg)?

Or we should get a short-term visa first, let him stay for 30 days and then apply the LTVP during this 30 days?

Is the processing time going to be as long as six months? I never applied pre-marriage assessment for him.

Some backgrounds about us: we have a Singaporean kid and have been married for more than 5 years.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: LTVP+ for returning Singaporean with foreign spouse

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 25 Mar 2018 9:57 am

It is designed yes for Singapore resident spouses to support their partner. I would do as you suggest in the second para. Have him come in and then sponsor him. I believe you will succeed.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 2:20 pm

I am in a similar scenario as you other than not returning to Singapore yet on a full time basis.

I applied for the PMAL before i registered for my marriage. I think for your case, this may not be applicable since you have been married for quite some time. PMAL was introduced only a few years back

Can you kindly update us on your progress?

My dilemma currently is whether i need to apply for the LTVP as I received my LLE approval which is valid for a year but i am currently not residing in Singapore

Has12cake

Post by Has12cake » Thu, 16 May 2019 11:30 am

erencie wrote:I am a Singaporean who've been working overseas for many years. Recently I received a nice job in Singapore and decided to go back. But my husband is a foreigner from a country that needs visa to enter Singapore. When I checked the ICA website about the procedure of applying the Singaporean's foreign spouse's LTVP visa (Long-term Visit Pass), I feel that it is specially designed for those who are already staying in Singapore, not for a couple that returns from overseas. For example, the CPF contribution, the employment letter, of the Singaporean partner etc. But I only have a job offer in Singapore.

I am wondering:

My husband and I are always together. Is it possible for me to apply LTVP for him before we enter Singapore (and of course before my start date of the new job in Sg)?

Or we should get a short-term visa first, let him stay for 30 days and then apply the LTVP during this 30 days?

Is the processing time going to be as long as six months? I never applied pre-marriage assessment for him.

Some backgrounds about us: we have a Singaporean kid and have been married for more than 5 years.

Could you please share your experience. How did you apply LTVP and what was the outcome.
Thank you

Kevinsmith08

Post by Kevinsmith08 » Thu, 16 May 2019 6:51 pm

Has12cake wrote:
erencie wrote:I am a Singaporean who've been working overseas for many years. Recently I received a nice job in Singapore and decided to go back. But my husband is a foreigner from a country that needs visa to enter Singapore. When I checked the ICA website about the procedure of applying the Singaporean's foreign spouse's LTVP visa (Long-term Visit Pass), I feel that it is specially designed for those who are already staying in Singapore, not for a couple that returns from overseas. For example, the CPF contribution, the employment letter, of the Singaporean partner etc. But I only have a job offer in Singapore.

I am wondering:

Could you please share your experience. How did you apply LTVP and what was the outcome.
Thank you
you're just reopening very old threads my friend. Simply open a new thread and ask your question and you will get a proper answer. Not like this.

Has12cake

Post by Has12cake » Thu, 16 May 2019 6:57 pm

Kevinsmith08 wrote:
Has12cake wrote:

I am wondering:

Thank you
you're just reopening very old threads my friend. Simply open a new thread and ask your question and you will get a proper answer. Not like this.

Oh okay thank you

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Tue, 27 Jul 2021 7:39 pm

This is now relevant for me. Re applying