Singapore Expats

Issue In Regards to SVP extension

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
retrojunk

Issue In Regards to SVP extension

Post by retrojunk » Sun, 01 Apr 2018 4:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I need your advise in regards to some matters.
My girlfriend flew over from China 23th March, she has a return ticket which is on 20th Apr. (e-visa indicates that upon arrival she will need her return ticket to be furnish to immigration counter if required)

Firstly we are going to have our ROM on 19th Apr. (I have the letter of LTVP Eligibility (LLE) after my application for pre-marriage was approved.)

Currently I'm actually quite confused with all this procedures. I understand that First-time applicants need to apply for an LTVP with at least 10 days remaining on their Visit Pass. AND, for SVP extension a visitor would require to have a remaining validity of at least three working days, excluding weekends and public holidays.

I have unable to apply via online (X-tend) as my application was been successful. (To cut things short, prior to her arrival i have actually called ICA hotline to ask them about my situation and the operator claim that I can do the extension anytime after she arrives to fulfill her LTVP and SVP days requirement). I believe that there is some miscommunication/misunderstanding from the phone conversation.

So my questions to all the folks here.. When will it be the right time for me to go down to ICA to have her SVP extended so that I am able to fulfill the requirements for LTVP? ?

I was also thinking of going down to ICA to check with the officer on how to better manage my situation as the timing is quite tight (ROM 19th Apr, return air ticket 20th Apr) and I have no idea if i should change her air ticket to 22 Apr? (last day of her 1 month stay)

p.s I have actually checked with one of my colleague, he did mentioned to go down to ICA 4th floor the next day after our ROM date which is 20th Apr. He claim as long as both of us are married, with proof of Marriage certificate and letter of LTVP Eligibility (LLE) the officer will extend her SVP on the spot? Will there be any issue ??

Sorry for such a long write up on my situation as i am trying to follow the procedures proper.

So hope you guys can help me answer my doubts.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Issue In Regards to SVP extension

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 10:25 am

retrojunk wrote:Hi Guys,

I need your advise in regards to some matters.
My girlfriend flew over from China 23th March, she has a return ticket which is on 20th Apr. (e-visa indicates that upon arrival she will need her return ticket to be furnish to immigration counter if required)

Firstly we are going to have our ROM on 19th Apr. (I have the letter of LTVP Eligibility (LLE) after my application for pre-marriage was approved.)

Currently I'm actually quite confused with all this procedures. I understand that First-time applicants need to apply for an LTVP with at least 10 days remaining on their Visit Pass. AND, for SVP extension a visitor would require to have a remaining validity of at least three working days, excluding weekends and public holidays.

I have unable to apply via online (X-tend) as my application was been successful. (To cut things short, prior to her arrival i have actually called ICA hotline to ask them about my situation and the operator claim that I can do the extension anytime after she arrives to fulfill her LTVP and SVP days requirement). I believe that there is some miscommunication/misunderstanding from the phone conversation.

So my questions to all the folks here.. When will it be the right time for me to go down to ICA to have her SVP extended so that I am able to fulfill the requirements for LTVP? ?

I was also thinking of going down to ICA to check with the officer on how to better manage my situation as the timing is quite tight (ROM 19th Apr, return air ticket 20th Apr) and I have no idea if i should change her air ticket to 22 Apr? (last day of her 1 month stay)

p.s I have actually checked with one of my colleague, he did mentioned to go down to ICA 4th floor the next day after our ROM date which is 20th Apr. He claim as long as both of us are married, with proof of Marriage certificate and letter of LTVP Eligibility (LLE) the officer will extend her SVP on the spot? Will there be any issue ??

Sorry for such a long write up on my situation as i am trying to follow the procedures proper.

So hope you guys can help me answer my doubts.
Better go to ICA, 1 week before the SVP expiry date and seek for an extension at the 4th floor of ICA.

retrojunk

Re: Issue In Regards to SVP extension

Post by retrojunk » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 3:49 pm

Hi singaporeflyer bro,

Thank you for the advise.
Will drop by on 14th Apr to request for extension.
But what are the chances for the SVP extension in your most honest opinion?

I have the summary of notice of Notice of Marriage from ROM stating the marriage date..will that be sufficient?

Kind of worried as I understand that you require proof of marriage cert before the chances of SVP extension is allowed. But that was the procedure years ago...

Do let me know or any bros can advise..

Thank you.