Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Aviationgeek5210

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by Aviationgeek5210 » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 8:37 am

jessi.ca wrote:
redvelvet1234 wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
I don't have any medical history or anything. I've always been healthy since I play sports... :(
Have u been hospitalised or any fractures/broken bones that u declared? Don’t think you’ll be able to go through the interview again as I’ve read from somewhere that if u failed medical round, you’ll be out after the first round of interview. Not really sure about this, but u could still try again on the upcoming interview on 7th April I guess...
Nope, I've never been hospitalized neither did I fracture any bones. Okay... thanks for the information by the way! But what if I try for Silk Air? Will they get all my information from SIA? About failing my medical and etc.?

On the form you have to declare if you have ever applied for Sia our any of its subsidiary . Hr has all your details , so it’s easy for them to pull them up . But no harm trying , never know when anyone’s luck can change . All the best !

inoshikero

Post by inoshikero » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:03 am

jessi.ca wrote:
redvelvet1234 wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
I don't have any medical history or anything. I've always been healthy since I play sports... :(
Have u been hospitalised or any fractures/broken bones that u declared? Don’t think you’ll be able to go through the interview again as I’ve read from somewhere that if u failed medical round, you’ll be out after the first round of interview. Not really sure about this, but u could still try again on the upcoming interview on 7th April I guess...
Nope, I've never been hospitalized neither did I fracture any bones. Okay... thanks for the information by the way! But what if I try for Silk Air? Will they get all my information from SIA? About failing my medical and etc.?
hi Jessica! tbh i dont think medical records will be recorded. i heard silkair's medical is not that strict as compared to SIA. if your dream is to fly, dont give up! :D

geoffreymogeogeo

Post by geoffreymogeogeo » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:56 pm

jessi.ca wrote:
redvelvet1234 wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
They won't get the info from SQ, but employers are able to retrieve all your info just with your NRIC itself (but I don't think it's allowed). I did not submit my hospitalization record, but they had access to it.

hellokitty54321

Post by hellokitty54321 » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 1:05 pm

jessi.ca wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
redvelvet1234 wrote:
Did you go for any extra checks?
Nope. No calls or letters on anything ever since the medical.
Sigh... I've gotten the rejection letter. Do you guys think that I should try again? I'm lost now.
Is that the first check or second check?

And guys can i check, how does the doctor determine that youve to go for second check? Does the doctor see your posture and be like kay you need to go for second check?

inoshikero

Post by inoshikero » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 1:33 pm

hellokitty54321 wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
Nope. No calls or letters on anything ever since the medical.
Sigh... I've gotten the rejection letter. Do you guys think that I should try again? I'm lost now.

And guys can i check, how does the doctor determine that youve to go for second check? Does the doctor see your posture and be like kay you need to go for second check?
they will ask u to go for a second check after ur medical check out within 3 days!

hellokitty54321

Post by hellokitty54321 » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 1:41 pm

inoshikero wrote:
hellokitty54321 wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:

they will ask u to go for a second check after ur medical check out within 3 days!
So the results of your first check will determine whether you need to go for a second check?

redvelvet1234

Post by redvelvet1234 » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 2:22 pm

hellokitty54321 wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
hellokitty54321 wrote:

So the results of your first check will determine whether you need to go for a second check?
It really depends! During the checkup, there will be a lung X-ray which the person could tell if you’ve scoliosis from the X-ray and will ask u to take a back X-ray immediately after that or during the normal checkup by the doctor whereby she’ll see your posture and determine if you need to go for a back X-ray on the same day :) for failed basic tests (like blood or urine test, they’ll usually call u back for another checkup/test) after a few days :) hope this helps!

hellokitty54321

Post by hellokitty54321 » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 2:23 pm

redvelvet1234 wrote:
hellokitty54321 wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
It really depends! During the checkup, there will be a lung X-ray which the person could tell if you’ve scoliosis from the X-ray and will ask u to take a back X-ray immediately after that or during the normal checkup by the doctor whereby she’ll see your posture and determine if you need to go for a back X-ray on the same day :) for failed basic tests (like blood or urine test, they’ll usually call u back for another checkup/test) after a few days :) hope this helps!
Ahh okay thanks thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

jessi.ca

Post by jessi.ca » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 6:31 pm

Aviationgeek5210 wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
redvelvet1234 wrote:

On the form you have to declare if you have ever applied for Sia our any of its subsidiary . Hr has all your details , so it’s easy for them to pull them up . But no harm trying , never know when anyone’s luck can change . All the best !
Ohh! Okay thank you so much for the info!! :)

jessi.ca

Post by jessi.ca » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 6:38 pm

inoshikero wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
redvelvet1234 wrote:
hi Jessica! tbh i dont think medical records will be recorded. i heard silkair's medical is not that strict as compared to SIA. if your dream is to fly, dont give up! :D
Hi! Alright, thank you :cry: I just can't get over it as I was just this close in getting in... sigh.

jessi.ca

Post by jessi.ca » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 6:38 pm

geoffreymogeogeo wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
redvelvet1234 wrote:
They won't get the info from SQ, but employers are able to retrieve all your info just with your NRIC itself (but I don't think it's allowed). I did not submit my hospitalization record, but they had access to it.
Woah... that sucks :/ Hope everything turned well for you!

geoffreymogeogeo

Post by geoffreymogeogeo » Mon, 26 Mar 2018 10:02 am

jessi.ca wrote:
geoffreymogeogeo wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
Hi Jessica, yeah I'm starting in 3 weeks haha. If you've failed SQ because of medical, try again in 6 months. That's the period where your records will be removed from their system (what I was told)

jessi.ca

Post by jessi.ca » Mon, 26 Mar 2018 7:11 pm

geoffreymogeogeo wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
geoffreymogeogeo wrote:
Hi Jessica, yeah I'm starting in 3 weeks haha. If you've failed SQ because of medical, try again in 6 months. That's the period where your records will be removed from their system (what I was told)
Congrats! Happy for you! :)
Alright... thank you! I've sent them an email to ask the reason for rejection. Hope they'll reply me asap. I can't wait any longer :-(

polly30

Post by polly30 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 1:30 am

Hi, anyone went for medical on 5th/6th March haven’t gotten any call/letter? :( Super nervous cos i needed to do 2nd x-ray..

Aviationgeek5210

Post by Aviationgeek5210 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 8:15 am

geoffreymogeogeo wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
geoffreymogeogeo wrote:

Have you signed your bond yet ? I am starting on 8th May but no news on when the bond singing is .