Singapore Expats

Landed house in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
icelady

Landed house in Singapore

Post by icelady » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:45 pm

Are landed houses more exclusive than condominiums in Singapore? In terms of privacy, space, quietness? Thanks.

Taos

Re: Landed house in Singapore

Post by Taos » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 1:08 pm

icelady wrote:Are landed houses more exclusive than condominiums in Singapore? In terms of privacy, space, quietness? Thanks.
Not necessarily any of the above. Depends where you are living,, you might live in a landed house and have noisy and nosy neigbours. Space, perhaps.. .. and u might get a patch of grass... which is always nice if you are an 'earthy' person.

I love College Green.. but the houses are always not furnished ... and rents are bit high for my budget about $1,800 per monht if there is anyone there looking for a flatmate.. i would leap at it... They have these quaint 'townhouse' type houses.. and if its in the back row away from the main road, its lovely and quiet...

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Re: Landed house in Singapore

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 07 Mar 2006 4:29 pm

Taos wrote:
icelady wrote:Are landed houses more exclusive than condominiums in Singapore? In terms of privacy, space, quietness? Thanks.
Not necessarily any of the above. Depends where you are living,, you might live in a landed house and have noisy and nosy neigbours. Space, perhaps.. .. and u might get a patch of grass... which is always nice if you are an 'earthy' person.

I love College Green.. but the houses are always not furnished ... and rents are bit high for my budget about $1,800 per monht if there is anyone there looking for a flatmate.. i would leap at it... They have these quaint 'townhouse' type houses.. and if its in the back row away from the main road, its lovely and quiet...
And of course exclusive means something else entirely. I agree with Taos, everything depends on your neighbors, proximity to major roads, etc...

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 1:28 pm

Wow, landed house, so few available (land is scarce) and prices prohibitive to most. So of course, it is considered exclusive and perhaps deisrable. Or maybe not. Considering there is mosquito problem from the grass patch, monkeys dropping by your house to say hi and even want to share food with you (if you are close of parks like bukit timah area), difficult to host a party (guests will have problems finding parking).

I rather live in a condo and if I can't afford one, prefer an HDB flat.

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Housing in Singapore

Post by joop » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 1:58 pm

Both has its advantages and disadvantages, in most landed homes, you get a bit of land, greenery, privacy, in a condominium, you get a view, wind, facilities.

Also depending on where you live, ie: Location. 8-)
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 10 Mar 2006 2:58 am

Yes joop, that was also a point I was trying to make. It also depends on your situation or lifestyle. I think wide open space, like bungalows or kampongs, are more conducive to a child's development.

However, as an adult who craves for convenience, I have no problem with lack of land and am very happy to live in a condominium or HDB flat.

leenforeva92

Looking for buyer - Landed house

Post by leenforeva92 » Tue, 20 Mar 2018 5:00 pm

Please advertise in the classifieds.

Thank you.