Singapore Expats

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH A SELLER WHO IS ALSO AN AGENT

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
voguebrooch

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH A SELLER WHO IS ALSO AN AGENT

Post by voguebrooch » Fri, 16 Mar 2018 3:36 pm

Recently my husband and I have bought a house. Just happened that the seller (Jocelyn Ang PeiShan) is an agent. The whole process wasn't very smooth. We had our 2nd appointment recently. But prior to that, she threatened us and said that they will not turn up for 2nd appointment if we do not allow them to extend. We agreed to extend for them for two weeks but condition to that was to pay the installment we are paying because we had signed for the first appointment. However, they refused to pay the installment to us. They claimed that they will not pay us any rental and threatened not to sell the house to us anymore.

To let the matter rest, we allowed them to extend for a few days without any additional cost and they agreed. The only request was to not leave any belongings behind in the house. Agreement letter was written by the seller agent (Grady Chew). We reminded them that they should not leave anything in the house. However, there was a mattress found in the house.

Just a reminder that in the future if anyone is looking for an agent, please do not find such agent. I am just unlucky to have such person as my seller.

Search By

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Re: HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH A SELLER WHO IS ALSO AN AGENT

Post by JustSee » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 2:22 pm

I don't understand your writing, what installment do you have if you haven't bought a house yet?
At the end, if you signed a contract to buy one, and they do not vacate it in time, they are in breach of contract and you can take them to court to pay rent.

voguebrooch

Post by voguebrooch » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:34 pm

Because 1st appointment has signed. So technically the house is sold to me.

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Tue, 20 Mar 2018 11:49 am

A contract is a contract, you're writing "appointment 1", do you have other papers and contracts you need to sign on appointment two? Or do you mean a LOI (Letter of Intent) to purchase?

adeline.35

Post by adeline.35 » Tue, 20 Mar 2018 5:00 pm

If you are buying HDB.
2nd appointment then consider legally sold to you. You are offically owner in eye of law.

1st appointment is to ensure all doc in place. Buyer has the capacity to buy the house etc

Seller is not bankrupt etc.
The legal owner still the seller not you.

Seller still paying their loan, their HDB conservancy charge, etc

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk