Singapore Expats

LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ylhl

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Post by ylhl » Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:28 pm

marie_katie wrote:
ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote:
Sadly it's been 17 weeks for me and still receiving attention.. I emailed ICA and they said it takes up to 6 months so i guess the only thing you can do is wait.

And we both left Singapore since sept so i am not sure if that affects the process. I did call ICA and they said it was ok to leave country but both is needed to be in singapore for formalities. I've heard people saying that leaving the country will affect it to be longer but we didn't have a choice, we needed to go back. Will update if i do get my ltvp approved. Hopefully soon, good luck to you too!
Thanks for your information, now i think what i can do only waiting too. Hope the LTVP quickly approved. Good luck too :D

Have some good news today, ltvp was approved! Good luck to you, i'm sure it will be approved soon.
Wow, really a good news? So u wait 17weeks and not at singapore at the waiting time? But really a good news, i hope mine also

marie_katie

Post by marie_katie » Wed, 10 Jan 2018 9:17 am

ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote:
ylhl wrote:
Thanks for your information, now i think what i can do only waiting too. Hope the LTVP quickly approved. Good luck too :D

Have some good news today, ltvp was approved! Good luck to you, i'm sure it will be approved soon.
Wow, really a good news? So u wait 17weeks and not at singapore at the waiting time? But really a good news, i hope mine also

Yes we weren't in singapore because we needed to settle some stuff before moving here for good. We really want to settle down in Singapore and was very happy that ltvp was approved! Give it some time, i'm sure it will be approved soon!

ylhl

Post by ylhl » Wed, 10 Jan 2018 2:35 pm

marie_katie wrote: Yes we weren't in singapore because we needed to settle some stuff before moving here for good. We really want to settle down in Singapore and was very happy that ltvp was approved! Give it some time, i'm sure it will be approved soon!
Thank you, really appreciate for ur reply bcause really hard to find somebody answer me or have similiar case, i think i just wait n hope have a good news. Have a nice day :D

marie_katie

Post by marie_katie » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 4:12 pm

ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote: Yes we weren't in singapore because we needed to settle some stuff before moving here for good. We really want to settle down in Singapore and was very happy that ltvp was approved! Give it some time, i'm sure it will be approved soon!
Thank you, really appreciate for ur reply bcause really hard to find somebody answer me or have similiar case, i think i just wait n hope have a good news. Have a nice day :D

You're welcome! Wishing you all the best. Have a nice day too! But do remember that if your SVP is extended to 89 days, if you leave SG then you need to wait 5 days at least before you can return back to SG. That is stated under ICA requirement if not you might be detained/sent back at Singapore customs and might cause a black mark in your record and very bad for your ltvp application. And even after 5 days, it really depends on the customs officer if they allow you into the country or not.

ylhl

Post by ylhl » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:09 pm

marie_katie wrote:
You're welcome! Wishing you all the best. Have a nice day too! But do remember that if your SVP is extended to 89 days, if you leave SG then you need to wait 5 days at least before you can return back to SG. That is stated under ICA requirement if not you might be detained/sent back at Singapore customs and might cause a black mark in your record and very bad for your ltvp application. And even after 5 days, it really depends on the customs officer if they allow you into the country or not.

ok, noted with thanks :D :D

ylhl

Post by ylhl » Sun, 18 Mar 2018 8:17 pm

marie_katie wrote:
ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote:
Sadly it's been 17 weeks for me and still receiving attention.. I emailed ICA and they said it takes up to 6 months so i guess the only thing you can do is wait.

And we both left Singapore since sept so i am not sure if that affects the process. I did call ICA and they said it was ok to leave country but both is needed to be in singapore for formalities. I've heard people saying that leaving the country will affect it to be longer but we didn't have a choice, we needed to go back. Will update if i do get my ltvp approved. Hopefully soon, good luck to you too!

Just want to share a good news, after long waiting 4months, my LTVP finally approved in principal. Within the 4 months, I have stayed in indonesia n malaysia for 3 weeks coz chinese new year, luckily didn't affect the result. Now, just wait the formalities n thank you all for the information, specially @marie_katie :)

Riritori

Post by Riritori » Sat, 12 May 2018 12:26 am

Hi there,
Need some help here,
I applied my ltvp in January and it's coming to the 16th week..
I've tried everything I could and even went to the MP, I really need to start working soon..is there anything else I can do then just wait? Thanks:)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 12 May 2018 2:34 am

Riritori wrote:Hi there,
Need some help here,
I applied my ltvp in January and it's coming to the 16th week..
I've tried everything I could and even went to the MP, I really need to start working soon..is there anything else I can do then just wait? Thanks:)
What is your LTVP status under which you are applying?

Riritori

Post by Riritori » Sat, 12 May 2018 1:12 pm

Tq for your reply Strong Eagle,
The status is receiving attention..after I went to the MP I got a hard copy from the ICA which told me to continue waiting as myself and husband didn't apply for the PMLA..it's already been almost 16 weeks..is the maximum waiting time 6 months or it can be longer?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 12 May 2018 9:19 pm

Riritori wrote:Tq for your reply Strong Eagle,
The status is receiving attention..after I went to the MP I got a hard copy from the ICA which told me to continue waiting as myself and husband didn't apply for the PMLA..it's already been almost 16 weeks..is the maximum waiting time 6 months or it can be longer?
Sorry I wasn't clear. Under what relationship status are you applying? Are you the spouse of a citizen or PR? If not, what is the relationship link that you are using to apply for PR?

Riritori

Post by Riritori » Sun, 13 May 2018 1:17 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear. Under what relationship status are you applying? Are you the spouse of a citizen or PR? If not, what is the relationship link that you are using to apply for PR?
I'm a spouse to a SC..we got married in July 2017..I applied the LTVP in January 2018 without knowing there was something known as the pre marriage long term visit pass assessment..so since then,I've been going up and down to the ICA, to the MP and still figuring out what else I can do rather than just wait..it's really frustrating when u have a job waiting but u can't start yet..and I've even tried applying for the employment pass but it was unsuccessful:(

cutoneko

Post by cutoneko » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:40 am

Hi there, I'm a Singaporean who is sponsoring my spouse for his LTVP. We are preparing our employment verification letters and need to find out who to address the letter to.

We have not received the LTVP approval but are just preparing in advance because my spouse does not work in his country of citizenship. It's quite difficult to churn out these documents and get them translated within short notice.

From your experience, who did you address the employment verification documents to? Is the following sufficient, or is there another department?
VISIT PASS (VP) UNIT
IMMIGRATION & CHECKPOINTS AUTHORITY

Thank you!

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 11:14 am

All you can do is just wait . I believe it will be very soon. Max waiting time is 6 month.

Riritori wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
I'm a spouse to a SC..we got married in July 2017..I applied the LTVP in January 2018 without knowing there was something known as the pre marriage long term visit pass assessment..so since then,I've been going up and down to the ICA, to the MP and still figuring out what else I can do rather than just wait..it's really frustrating when u have a job waiting but u can't start yet..and I've even tried applying for the employment pass but it was unsuccessful:(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 9:41 pm

Chaorenz wrote:All you can do is just wait . I believe it will be very soon. Max waiting time is 6 month.

Riritori wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
Chaorenz, do you have that in writing???? Or are you misreading something.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Thu, 17 Jan 2019 4:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:All you can do is just wait . I believe it will be very soon. Max waiting time is 6 month.

Riritori wrote:
Chaorenz, do you have that in writing???? Or are you misreading something.

If you did not apply for Pre Ltvp, the waiting time is up to 6 month of waiting. It all stated in ICA web.

I did a pre ltvp for my wife and we got it approve within 1 month.

My brother who had apply for ltvp did not get his Pre Ltvp done and his waiting time was about 5 month plus before he got the approval email.

Meaning to say if you did not do a Pre Ltvp, expected waiting time is up to 6 month, and for those who done it, it will be very fast.

I'm speaking from experience.

Thanks